Thoughtful Questions 11/02/09 ^_^ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:50 pm
O_o Who. That's our Rei. I think I can agree with that stuff...if I kept up. xD I especially agree with the fact that it's tough for things to get done because of the people under him.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:22 pm
Heh. n.n; Not to mention, I'm all -for- freedom of speech but I totally despise Fox new network. Especially those loud mouth republicans that are just...extremists. I mean they just bring out the -worst- of that party.

And I remember sitting there thinking and listening to CNN (Which is more or less fairer of a lot of networks) where they're going around and asking these people what they think.

And no offense.

(And I know there's a lot of black republicans and I DO wish they HAD interviewed those people too along with White democrats too because it totally seemed...stereotypical...)

But all the republicans (that happened to be white) went on about the 'old days'. They want the old days and go back to that.

And I'm with the black guy (who..happened to be a democrat). This old guy went "Why?" because his point was what was -great- about those days? For him it was nothing more then a lot of struggle over a lot of injustice and knowing...

Ragh.... I know race isn't suppose to be an issue and I admire Obama for trying to NOT make it an issue. (Point for him)

However, it still kinda is.

Most of my friends, don't get -why- it was important to me that Obama made it to the White House. Yeah, aside from the issues- which I agreed with more or less when he campaigned..- There was the deal with race too.

I think that actually -did- factor in when they nominated him.

Because, what's the US's saying? It doesn't matter where you're from, what you look like, what your religion or sexual preference, or financial standing is- you can be someone or become someone here.

But...as a country we didn't live up to that. Oh sure, we have a female speaker of the house - that's great achievement for women and a first.

Powell and Rice were the black republicans for the whole Sec. of Defense/Security (It think that's what it's called. Gah.. it's not even midnight. >.<; )

However, the joke was still there. One I used to tell. If you're black (Insert other minority of the US in here) you can be anything-cept President.

And it was true. For a long time it was really true and people have -tried- but failed.

So here's Obama. His background's pretty much on average somewhat with where I live. He's been raised by his mother and grandparents.
They're not exactly rich.

So for him and his family to make it there. It's a really really big deal. And it's always going to be a big deal.

Because, it's basically saying that yes. Really. You CAN be President of the USA even if you're not white.

In away also improved our standing globally too. I mean, if we're ever going to ask for help from another country or so- do you want it to be from a Country that doesn't really like you but will do it in order to hold it over your head. OR do you want a country that kinda likes you and is willing to give support and such?

An..you know, I get Chicago's deal with not wanting the Olympics there. Right now, it kinda sucks. Crime rate and everything.

But, the man was lobbying for the games to be held there in 2016. They were acting like it was going to be there next year.

I mean, what's so bad about hosting it? Really it is doing what he's been trying to promise as well = Creation of jobs.

Because the Olympics is not only a huge tourist/fan attraction but athletes and all that have to be housed.

It would be -great- to have it in a town where jobs are needed desperately.

(Wait, that's what was being complained about first too...ironic...)

So, he's promoting peace to a very large audience. And people are actually listening -more-.

Far more willing to sit down and actually talk it out. I mean why complain about it?

Seriously..why? Just because life is sucky now and you want a freakin' punchin' bag doesn't make it right.

So~ in a disconnected type of way- I kinda think he does sorta deserve it.

Give the man a medal for making it this far. (But...not the biggest one out there. ^^; He's already getting picked on...)

I'm kinda waiting for the moment some idiot will squawk 'Impeach!' to him over something stupid. (Like Clinton. Cause..really why is it a big deal he cheated on his wife? That's THEIR problem. NOT ours. It wasn't like he did something new or that he forced them. 'cause I don't think they were and they were just being hounds for the camera. *rolls eyes * Gold diggers.)

Besides..technically WE didn't give it to him. A group of guys that makes these decisions pretty much did. They decide who should have them or not.

<<;
...erh..or you could TOTALLY ignore all I said xD; *Should've just put this in the rant section.* I'm not a wiz I just see general things and..it tends to rile me up a bit.  

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:03 pm
No, no. I like your points. Political rants are good. On some major points you said...*ahem*

I agree that much of his election had to do with his ethnic background. True, he has a good plan about economics, world affairs, etc. But many people wanted to see an intelligent black person in office because...well, we haven't had one. So he sort of had a nice boost, yes? :3

And America is all about "anyone can achieve the big dream". So Obama really helps represent that. Kudos for finally making it after 43 rounds. D;

I don't always watch political shows on Sundays, but I think I have an idea as to what my main stations' preferences are. Fox is usually on the republican side, but they occassionally have good topics. NBC...>_> They're allll republican and like to criticize. ABC is good. They're more democratic, and I like their opinions. I don't get CNN; regular broadcast TV. D:

I mentioned this to show how many oppositions there are right there. So imagine what he has to go through with a couple hundred of people in order to pass anything at all. He's doing his best to get things going, and it will definitely take a while. I think he can succeed, though.

What the heck are the 'good old days'? I'm too young. >.<;

About the Olympics. It would have been great to host them. Even though things might not be great now in Chicago, they surely could have gotten better in about 6 years! Yes, great job opportunities. But it could also bring a lot of debt if there was poor planning or extravagant spending. D:

He definitely deserves an award now that I think about it. Because of his peace efforts, America might be able to chat in Asian countries and not get shoes thrown at them. xD

Ummm, I think I said what I wanted. Mostly just an agreeable rant and saying stuff. I think I skipped around, too. Dx Forgive me if it was bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Quote:
I'm all -for- freedom of speech but I totally despise Fox new network. Especially those loud mouth republicans that are just...extremists. I mean they just bring out the -worst- of that party.

Wait, how is uncovering real things that are the worst in a party contrary to the nature of news? That's just good reporting. Sorry, Rei, that doesn't make any sense.

FOX news has gotten the best scoops in the past couple of months, so much so that the gaping lack of reporting from the other news channels is somewhat of an embarassment. Like, where was CNN on this? This is big news! I have to refresh my memory on the exact examples and get back to you.

Quote:
But...as a country we didn't live up to that.

How so? Just because there hasn't been a black president until now doesn't prove that that America isn't a land of equal opportunity. That is, in general, not taking individuals person by person. And now we do have a black president. So, obviously, America does live up to that ideal.

Quote:
It would be -great- to have it in a town where jobs are needed desperately.

The last few cities - at least - that hosted the Olympics fell into terrible debt. I can understand why the American people would be concerned. We are already in immense debt as it is.

Quote:
So, he's promoting peace to a very large audience. And people are actually listening -more-.

Can that be measured? I need numbers. They are probably out there, I've just been neglectful. sweatdrop

Quote:
why is it a big deal he cheated on his wife? That's THEIR problem. NOT ours.

I feel that it's a big deal and I happen to be an American citizen, so my opinion matters. You may not, but I do. That's why we vote on things because people don't agree 100%.

Quote:
'cause I don't think they were and they were just being hounds for the camera. *rolls eyes * Gold diggers.

Opinion and unprovable.

Quote:
Besides..technically WE didn't give it to him. A group of guys that makes these decisions pretty much did. They decide who should have them or not.

Agree with you there. 3nodding

Hope you don't feel like I'm attacking your opinions, that's not my intention at all. It's just that my pet peeve is when unfounded generalizations are allowed to prosper and spread without correction. stressed It happens to me, too, so if I am mistaken somewhere, please correct me, with FACTS.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:20 pm
Meh, I'm not upset. I do do generalizations. And It's not just Fox. I think I should've been more specific about the guy that works -for- fox. But News is always slated anyway. <<; And they're like any other tv program -truth or not- they do it for ratings too.

But it's all my opinion. xp

I still don't see the point to know about people's marital issues. Where does privacy/public life end and begin?

Anyway~

o.o Really interesting note! Remember when we were talking about the whole "What would you do if you and two others was captured?" bit?

I'm watching a show on that now! Three friends, one of them is sick and they HAVE to chose.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 am
Yeah, I don't see why exactly it's our business to know all their private issues. Darn tabloids. >.> But I'll admit that some of it is interesting...

Wow! What in the world are you watching? D: What did they choose to do?  

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

Luvshyne

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 am
Nariana
Yeah, I don't see why exactly it's our business to know all their private issues. Darn tabloids. >.> But I'll admit that some of it is interesting...

Wow! What in the world are you watching? D: What did they choose to do?

I want to know what show you are watching also!

I love all your responses! My view is... not sure yet actually. I think it was deserved, although unexpected. I did watch his speech and thought he spoke very well (especially about his daughter). I am glad I voted for him. I was raised to be a strict republican and practically breathed the Fox News Channel. My grandmother thought that show was.. the best ever? She would sleep with it on. xd But I have not watched it since she passed away, I just do not like news, it is always so depressing.

I have been absent recently, this is due to the fact I caught swine flu... I am convinced I have the worst luck ever. I missed a whole week of class, and in college, I almost got kicked out of 2 of my classes because I missed so many days. I have a night class once a week where if you miss one class, you automatically fail. However, because the nurse sent me home and I was not allowed to come back to class until the next week, they had to make an exception. (It honestly was not that bad). I just fell very behind on my homework, reading, presentations and projects. *sighs* so, yes, hence my absence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 am
Ah! You rebelled against your republican grandma and voted democratic? Interesting! :3 News can be depressing sometimes, I agree...

I'm so sorry, hun. D; Glad you didn't get kicked out. I know you'll be able to catch up soon!  

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

The Galaxy Cauldron

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas