Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
scam private message - Answered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxRockerJxX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 am
So yea.. i got a PM by Account manager 1991 and it seemed a little suspicious
in the ToS gaia said they will never ask for your account information and it said i had been reported i dont know what to do is it real or is it a scam because i dont recall doing anything wrong unless someone was on my account confused confused confused confused eek  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:29 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

.::You can calm down::.
This is a scam, mods never ever ask for password.
Just report the user that sent it to you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

XxRockerJxX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:59 pm
how do i report a person?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 pm
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

.::On the row where you can choose to reply to the message and whatnot::.
you can also choose to report the pm, just follow the instructions and justice will be served :3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:13 am
As a person who has taken Linux 101, I can certify that admins and sysops don't need any password at all to change your settings, because their accounts are configured to give them full access to your stuff. They can even change your password if they feel like it. (Doing this bullshit will get them fired, of course, but they can do it). Thus, if they ask for a password they don't need, they're fooling with you.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games