Do you were contacts or glasses?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 pm
Both. Contacts in the day and glasses at night and in the morning.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." -- Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:21 am
We've established that I where glasses. >>

Contacts have vexed me in the past; besides, my glasses give me "the look", you know? >w<

The Victorious Ashtree
Crew

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:17 am
Contacts give me the look. lol.

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." -- Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 am
Glasses, but I want contacts.  

TerriblyWorriedWoodchuck

Da Fuji Apple

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:59 pm
cursed glasses stressed I'm begging my parents to let get contacts. Heck, I'm even offering to buy them with my own money from my summer job and they are still like 'idk...'  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm
I wear neither. My vision is almost perfect, but lately I've been thinking I might need glasses for reading small print music.  

Marching Band no Jutsu

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:06 pm
@Woodchuck and Nox: It's not -that- much of an expense cost. The initial testing was $90 for me. I have to go for a once a year check up which is $60... I get acuvue advanced with oasis and it's about $30-$33. I make them last. I don't change them when they say, every two weeks. I can tell when the contact needs to be changed. It'll get a tear in it or a nick on the side. You can just tell.... And I've started realizing right after I put them in if they need a change or just need a rinse a few times over. So I'm not out somewhere and my contact is bugging me. Wal-mart has them for cheaper too. :3

@Marching: Lucky! You probably just need magnifying reading glasses. You can get those at any department store for a couple bucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm
@Marching: Same with my mum. She has 20/20 vision, but I can read small print far better than her, even without my glasses of awesomeness.

. . .

I'm sorry. I love my glasses. (They're grade-A geeky nerd glasses!) I used to want contacts all the time, but I realized that glasses just suited me more. And, they are far more convenient for me. :3

The Victorious Ashtree
Crew

TerriblyWorriedWoodchuck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 pm
well, My health insurance would cover the cost soo I wouldn't have to worry about the expense end of things. I have to go for my Check up soon anyway. But I do like my Glasses. They're kinda Geeky too, I guess they suit me. :>  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:14 pm
I don't mind glasses too much, look wise. Some people think I look better with them on.
I just hate the way they feel. I like my face to be free and when it's hot out, the glasses keep the heat trapped near your eyes and make your nose oily and sweaty even more.
After I wore contacts to a theater, I vowed to never wear glasses to see a movie again. They just don't cover that much area. I like my peripheral vision to be in focus as well. It's frustrating when part of my vision is blurry.
Look wise, they work fine, but convenience wise, they're annoying. :XP:

That's good your health insurance will pay for them, Woodchuck. I don't have dental or eye. Every two years I have to pay for a regular eye check up as well in order to get my contacts... it's annoying. And expensive.

Jahzara Ashford
Vice Captain

TerriblyWorriedWoodchuck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:46 pm
It sounds annoying.  
// *Stabs bags*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items