View Results

Sashanaru

Aged Browser

8,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:59 pm
I've been having these horrible attacks lately. They start in my upper stomach and move up to my chest. They hurt so badly that I'm crying in a heap on the floor. I had two of them in two days. Ever since, I've had a tightness in my chest. I get the tightness sometimes when we go out and walk around alot. I usually can lessen it with chewy rolaids and water but that wasn't working. I'd had the episodes of minor chest tightness for about 5 years now.

I ended up going to the ER yesterday where I find out that my gallbladder is literally FULL of stones!. OUCH! It appears there are so many and big ones that they've been there for YEARS! All these years this tightness when walking and stuff they think was from the stones. I do have an enlarged heart and a murmur but an EKG showed heart functions were NORMAL!

I'm probably going to be getting surgery in the near future. I have my first appointment with the surgeon on Monday (his last name is HACKER. What kind of name is that for a surgeon!? gonk ). I'm miserable. My chest is tight all the time and I have things I need to do but moving around so much makes my chest worse. The medicine they gave me seems to lessen the chest tightness and prevent gallstone attacks but it makes me so sleepy and lethargic that I just lay around all lazy. my house is DIRTY and the phone repair people are due to arrive here tomorrow.

Anyone here had gallstone/gallbladder issues or surgery?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 pm
my dad has, but it´s a long time ago and one of my friends had it,too. she is only 23 and got it by driving motorcycle without special clothes. it´s important to keep special parts of your body warm, well she didn´t do it. i don´t know how she solved the whole illness, but she is alright now and pregnant.
my dad is ok ,too. he has taken pills, well thats all i remember...but i know that he has still to keep some parts warm.

i´m sorry i cannot help you, but don´t panic.
there are different grades of this illness, i´m sure the doctors will do the right one for you.
i´m with you heart  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Yeesh, that sounds rough. I had never heard of anything like this before, but I wish you luck  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:50 pm
I'm so sorry to hear you're not well, Sashanaru. Don't worry about what your surgeons name is! I'm sure it's not a reflection on his work! It's good to hear that they've picked it up, as it sounds like it's been bothering you for quite some time.

My grandma had gallstones - and recovered very quickly after her operation. I'm sure you'll be feeling better sooner than you think.

Gook luck!  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:48 am
Wow, you poor little thing!! My Dad had gall stones years ago, and recovered really quite quickly after the surgery!

Can you call on some friends and family to help you out with some cleaning? A teeny bit of emotional blackmail never hurt anyone, surely...

----------------
Now playing: Marie Fisker - Good Till Now
via FoxyTunes  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:16 am
My aunt just had gall bladder surgery this past week (I think it was Wednesday or Thursday). She's home now and recovering very nicely. My mom and I stopped by Friday to visit her and bring her some balloons. 3nodding My uncle's (her husband) is supposed to be having gall bladder surgery soon, too.  

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

Chaisami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:07 pm
I don't know anyone who's had that problem, but am sorry to hear you're feeling so sucky!

*hugs*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:43 pm
I had my gallbladder removed just a little over 5 years ago (I was 21 at the time). The real scary thing with me was that I had no signs of trouble. I just woke up one morning thinking someone was stabbing me in my side. It is not something I would ever like to repeat.

The only remaining issues I've sad since my surgery was that greasy foods and I do NOT get along anymore. I had to say good bye to Taco Bell and most other fasts foods. If anything it has me eating better. lol  

Luciano LaChance

Sparkly Smoker

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items