Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
How often do you not use your car to preserve petroleum? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What you use instead of a car most often?
  Bike
  Feet
  Bus
  Or..in a car, but carpooling
View Results

xXKelandryXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am
ok to get anywhere around here without a car is difficult. most things are to far away to walk and well my bike....is currently derad till my dad fixes the tire or gets me a new bike. so i just dont go places much i dont go to the mall just to walk around and if i just want a little something i walk like two miles to the mini market. i would like to see a bus system put in though ive heard that gives off more pollution but if they found some more eco friendly busses but like the city would ever do that. but im 16 i dont have a car so i cant drive...plus i actualy dont know how to drive  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm
well i dont get out of the house often besides school and a few other things, but i have to drive to those things. 17 miles is the closest of my usual places and im not nearly in good enough shape to bike all that way lol.
i do carpool quilte often though. ive looked into public transportation but its really bad in my area  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:21 pm
I am not old enough to drive. sweatdrop 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:08 pm
just had to brag about the youngest offspring a little. now that she's got a new job and school, the first thing she did was to budget her first paycheck. the top priorities were to replace the bikes she outgrew, figure out who to carpool with so that she could see how much gas money she'd need to give them, and get her driving permit and motorcycle license.
she also wants to give the truck an eco-remodel.
(sigh) that's the last kid, and she seems to be doing ok sometimes.  

Metal Wallflower

Stars Flying
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:57 am
I'm not old enough to drive, so I ride my bike to school sometimes. I also carpool with my teammates when going to and from swim practice. And even if I could drive, I would still ride my bike and carpool. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:15 am
Right now I have a cold and i'm just starting to get into this. I live in South Florida where isn't very very hot, and i'm not in great shape. But i'm thinking once my cold is gone of trying for one week to bike if i just need a quick thing from somewhere local. It will be a good experiment. But even if it doesn't work, I have a compact corolla which is pretty good on the mileage. My dream car is a Matrix... but If i even have the money to buy a new car I may go for a Prius just because of the green quaility. Unless there's a better and cheaper one. I honestly haven't done the research yet.  

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:16 pm
I have to drive crapptons ATM to get my provisional license(60 hours minimum) D:
BUT I have been riding my bike more in general. The closest grocery store is around 5 miles away, downtown about 11.
*pedal faster!*
My work is about 18 miles away, i think, so I will probably only drive to and fro there, the bank and friends' houses(we live so far apart! D smile

But I only hang out with friends every other weekend, and i only have a 4 day workweek. :3  
5:: Topic: Resources.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff