Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pick one.
  A!
  B!
  They're both kinda icky...
  I can't decide, they're both pretty awesome.
View Results

choco meijin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:13 pm
Bigfoot TI
Artistically, the trilliums all look pretty lame. They need to be larger, to fill more of the available space. Otherwise someone might think they're fleurs-de-lys or some other object.

Just a minute, Dad! Are you returning this for a redraw? Not to challenge a Titled Pursuivant, but isn't there some leeway for artistic license? Just get the device passed, then you can draw it pretty mch as you like, right?

(Shakes her head at some of the names and devices that passed in the 1980s.)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:01 am
Option B.

Remember the color rules. Color on metal, metal on color. So, no red on black, nor black on red. Black on white and white on red works fine, though. smile

(Not having read the rest of the thread yet.)  

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:05 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:43 pm
Uh...hold on here, I'm confused.

I know that color on color and metal on metal don't fly.
Thus the white on black of A doesn't work and neither does the black on white of C.

But no one says that B won't fly and yet it to has black on white. ?? None of them work according to the rules of no color on color or metal on metal.
Both black and white are metals, they can't be atop each other, and each of the options has black on white or vice versa.  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

dkpalmer

Friendly Genius

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:27 pm
Sir_Catherine
Uh...hold on here, I'm confused.

I know that color on color and metal on metal don't fly.
Thus the white on black of A doesn't work and neither does the black on white of C.

But no one says that B won't fly and yet it to has black on white. ?? None of them work according to the rules of no color on color or metal on metal.
Both black and white are metals, they can't be atop each other, and each of the options has black on white or vice versa.
Black is a color. The colors are black, red, blue, green, and purple. The metals are yellow (gold) and white (silver). Then there are the assorted furs.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:40 pm
I could have sworn black was a metal (ore). *goes home to her flat to dig through her heraldry paperwork*  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Icelemental

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 pm
Officially, from the College of Arms, SCA;

"The metals are argent and Or (white or silver, and yellow or gold)."
and sable (black) is a color.

I found it here: http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html#8.2

VII - COMPATIBLE ARMORIAL STYLE
2 - Armorial Contrast

biggrin B is the only one that would work. Or A, I guess, but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:28 am
C won't pass because you have color on color.
A has better ballance and is Heraldically correct with metel on tincture.  

Tashina Valaria

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:05 pm
I may be completely wrong but I made a flag for my b/f and he said the only way color touching color would work is if there is something overlaying BOTH colors "connecting" them as it were and as the trilliums aren't overlapping the color borders anywhere I don't think any of the three will pass....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:33 pm
Hey love, you are correct but remember, white is equal to silver in Heraldry. So in the case of B where white touches red, its completely legal. As for the issue that everyone keeps saying, Llelwyn should pay attention to what Bigfoot TI said (or to "Dad" for that matter question ).
No color on color, no metal on metal (but there are some ways to cheat). If she wants A, she needs to put a white/silver inverted chevron between red and black.
So, on a personal oppinion, I like B best. Not to mention, B should pass with flying colors (excuse the pun).

And to clarify, in the case of my own device and cheating, Color and Color CAN touch and Metal and Metal CAN touch in the case that there is a Metal object "flying" over all colors.
Example: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The AnTirian device has a rampent sable lion "flying" over an Argent (silver) and Or (gold) checkered background.

Example: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My device has an Argent (silver) Ash Tree (knotwork in this picture only) "flying" over a Vert (green) and Sable (black) split background.

Anyway, thats that. sweatdrop

~Master Elexi Stormcrow
~Commander of the Drakkenguard  

Chibbi_Satan

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items