Welcome to Gaia! ::

Johto's Pokémon Academy ♥ A pokémon RP guild :: CLOSED!!

Back to Guilds

When it comes down to it, only one school seems to be strict on Caterpies... 

Tags: Pokemon, Literate, Roleplaying, Johto, Academy 

Reply ✔Johto's Pokemon Academy // Main Forum
★ Information Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Joeylyn_xX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 pm
I N T R O D U C T I O N

xxxxxxxx

User Image

For more information about things in the rp, you can read all the posts below. Also, the rp is not like the game or the anime, but more like the manga. Levels do not matter so much, but evolutions and super-effective moves do. This means that you can travel around with a little Mudkip at your side, but you cannot godmodd and make your pokemon untouchable and indestructable and undefeatable.

The Academy is for everyone to enjoy, though you will need to become a teacher or student before you can start.

[x] - Intro | [ ] - Roleplaying | [ ] - First Pokemon | [ ] - Pokemon Info | [ ] - Pokecenter
[ ] - Pokemart | [ ] - Your Yen | [ ] - Classes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:00 am
_________________________ Y O U R . R O L E P L A Y I N G

D E P T H ~

~ First thing, before we get to the main points, is that your roleplaying must always be literate. It's not a matter of spelling errors, but we don't want sloppy 3 year old typing or just flat-out chatspeak. It's important to try your very best and to always E X P A N D your imagination in your posts. Like this:

Throughout the Ilex Forest and omnious cloud of fog circulated the ground, almost becoming too inmense for Jenny to advance deeper into the forest. But despite the fog, she took a small step forward and held her breath.

S P E E C H . & . A C T I O N ~

~ Try to add depth into your words. Since this is a literate Pokemon Roleplaying Guild, there's one thing that's a must. Never, and I really mean never, put your actions in asterisks. Type out your actions as the body of the post, adding speech into it as you go. To clarify, you must use quotations while speaking and please indicate when you are thinking. This is an example of whatnot to do:

Magikarp is a really dumb fish cause I caught it. Mark said cause he caught the dumb fish.

Crap! Foolishness! There is no doubt in my mind that a five year old could do slightly better. Anyway, this is not to offend, but to teach what is good and what is bad. Let's move on, shall we?

J U M P I N G . S C E N E S ~

When you're finished exploring a class or section of the school, signify in some manner that you left the room and will be going elsewhere. Your best choice would be to create a spot in your post for your 'Out of Character' text and place a simple 'Continued in [ Insert Location ]'.

D E C O R A T I O N ~

One thing that would be extremely nice is if each of your posts were decorated with your character's picture at any side of the text and that there was a little character quote( Or something of the like ) as well. You don't have to color the text of your roleplaying, but decorating your posts is highly encouraged.

Something like this is nice:

Quote:
...~*~*~*~*~*~*~...

User Image

~.~. Blizz .~.~

{ Blizz opened the door to her brother's room with complete care and silence. She peeked through, scanning for any signs of her brother, but once she spotted him, she slipped into his room soundless, like a pro ninja. 'Just a few more inches...' She thought to herself as she crawled closer, pulling out a fake rubber tarantula from her dress pocket. She brought it up slowly, just high enough, then she let it loose with a wicked grin as it fell right between him and the book.

...~*~*~*~*~*~*~...

[x] - Intro | [x] - Roleplaying | [ ] - First Pokemon | [ ] - Pokemon Info | [ ] - Pokecenter

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:58 am
_______________________ Y O U R . F I R S T . P O K E M O N

Now to get to the important stuff!

S T A R T I N G . O F F ~

~ When you start your first day at Johto's Pokemon Academy, you should first head to the Principals office. There you will be greeted by the Vice Principal or Principal. They will be played by an available staff member, or a person we've appointed to do in the meantime. Like I said before, I don't want anything simple. So when you find them, you will recieve your first academy pokemon. Simply answer the question they ask you.

The Principal, or Vice, has only basic level five pokemon to choose from. A student may recieve up to three pokemon each. Any more than that would be unfair, so don't try to get your greedy little hands on more.

Y O U R . F I R S T . P O K E M O N ~

~ Once you have recieved your first pokemon, you can edit your profile and place the pokemon's icon, a pokeball icon, etc to signify your new pokemon. Make sure to note its level and its name and its held item, ect.

Here is an example:

User Image
"Flitzy"
Chamander (F)
lvl - 3
Held Item: (none)

Yes you can nickname your pokemon. If you do recieve a pokemon and want to nickname it, then always nickname it after the moment you caught it.

P O K E M O N . M O V E S ~

~ After you get your first pokemon, it will only have two moves depending on its type and species. If it's a Charmander, then it might only have growl and scratch. But even if your pokemon levels up, it won't learn a new move until we feel it's ready to learn the move. Also when your pokemon is learning the new move, it can't just suddenly, "Poof" Squirtle learn bubble beam!, You have to show how it learned the attack. Something like this is fine:

Jenny's eyes laid on Squirtle as a small bubble popped from it's beak. Not long after several bubbles were submitted from the tiny turtle pokemon until it eventually gained altitude on it's new attack.

[x] - Intro | [x] - Roleplaying | [x] - First Pokemon | [ ] - Pokemon Info | [ ] - Pokecenter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:16 am
_______________________ P O K E M O N . I N F O

S T A T U S ~

Of course in alot of battles there's at least one or two pokemon that can cause status effects towards your pokemon or the opposing pokemon. These are the statuses:

.: Poison

.: Paralyze

.: Burn

.: Frozen

.: Sleep

.: Confused

Each can be cured and I'm a bit sure you know what they all mean. When you're in battle, or even out of battle, It would be nice if you typed how the pokemon reacted to being burn, nothing gresome, just an explaination to make it seem realistic. You can always rush your pokemon after a battle to the pokemon center to heal it, or you can heal it on the spot with a potion.

- For a confused status we know that if you switch your pokemon out of battle, it will lose it's status because when a pokemon is confused, it's only just dizzy. (Just like they do to everyone on that "pin the tail on the donkey game -_-"). Try spinning around 7 times to feel what it's like to be a confused pokemon.

L E V E L I N G . U P ~

Every student starts for with a lvl 5 Pokemon, unless it hatches from an egg, then it will be lvl 1. There are two ways to gain levels. The first is by attending classes. By attending at least one class a week, your Pokemon can gain levels. Only attending one class will get you levels, though.

Example:
Attended Evolution Class on Saturday. All Pokemon went up one level.
Attended Medical Class on Sunday. All Pokemon did not level up.

Attended Battle Class on the next Saturday. All Pokemon went up one level.
etc . . .

The second way you can level up is by battling. A certain number of Pokemon battled will gain your Pokemon a level, and every five levels your Pokemon goes up, the amount will double for it to level up. Plus you don't need to win the battle to level up. Just do a good job RPing it, okay? And if you win a battle with a trainer, all Pokemon go up an extra level.

LVL 1-5: 2 Pokemon battled to level up.
LVL 6-10: 3 Pokemon battled to level up.
LVL 11-15: 4 Pokemon battled to level up.
etc . . .

Also, for doing an exceptional job with battling, a crew member might tell you to level up your Pokemon an extra level. So try your best.

Though in truth, only the crew or captain can decide if your Pokemon levels up or not. Or even learns a new move.

T H E . P O K E B A L L ~

Just a small tip, everyone knows that you can't reuse a pokeball after it's been thrown or you have released a pokemon. Instead there's a pokeball recycle company that takes them and renews their energy for more use, that's why there's so many flipping pokeballs in the world!

The Pokemon Catching Class has a pokeball recycle bin and you will find one or two around every catching area.

Also, the reason a trainer or student can figure out which pokemon is which inside of their pokeball is because each ball has a clear red tinted top. This tinted red top of the pokeball is so that the pokemon can see it's surrounds as it's human ventures from class to class, also for the person to know which pokemon he/she is choosing.

C A T C H I N G . P O K E M O N ~

Another question you all might ask is, "How do I catch pokemon?". Well there's a way you can do it. Play a Random Number and any number below the number set for that catch will be caught. To make things more simple, here you go:

.: Pokeball - Any number under 25 means the pokemon is caught.

.: Greatball - Any number under 50 means the pokemon is caught.

.: Ultraball - Any number under 75 means the pokemon is caught.

~ For other types of pokeballs it's a bit different. Since a Repeat ball's chance of catching a pokemon increases by 5% everytime you throw it.

.: Repeat ball
Has a 30% chance of catching a pokemon, but increases by 5% the more you throw the same pokeball. Play a Random Number from 1 - 100 and any number under 30 means it's caught. If the pokemon is not caught and the same ball is thrown again, then any number under 35 means it's caught, ect.

.: Dusk ball
If the ball is used at night, Play a Random Number from 1 - 100 and any number under 60 means the pokemon is caught. If the ball is used at day, then any number under 20 means the pokemon is caught.

.: Quick ball
If used at the beginning of an encounter there's a 50% chance of catching the pokemon. Play a Random Number from 1 - 100 if the ball is thrown at the beginning of the encounter, if the number is under 60 then it's caught. If the ball is throw after the first move is made in battle, any number under 20 means it's caught.

.: Nest Ball
If the pokemon that is encountered is a much lower lvl than your first pokemon, then the success rate of the catch is 70%. Play a Random Number from 1 - 100 and if it is under 70 then it is caught. If the pokemon is 3 lvls higher or lower of your pokemon, the success rate is 40%. Play a random number and if the number is under 40 then it's caught.

.: Net Ball
If a net ball is thrown at a water - type pokemon, then the success rate is 70%. Play a Random Number from 1 - 100 and if the number is under 70, then it's caught. If the ball is thrown at a non water - type pokemon, then the success rate falls to 30%. Play a random number and if it is under 30 then it is caught.

C A T C H I N G . L O C A T I O N ~

- You may also ask 'Where can I catch pokemon in this school!?'. Well in the Catching Class, you will be able to venture out into the school outskirts to search for pokemon. Any pokemon you find and catch will be released. There are 7 areas where all types of pokemon can be find and caught, but catching a pokemon is difficult. If you fail to catch a pokemon after three turns, it runs away.

Also you can only catch ten pokemon everytime this class is in session.

[x] - Intro | [x] - Roleplaying | [x] - First Pokemon | [x] - Pokemon Info | [ ] - Pokecenter

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:39 am
_______________________ P O K E M O N . C E N T E R

P O K E C E N T E R . F L O O R S ~

Pokecenters are located in every town in Johto, but the school has it's own personal Pokecenter. Though also of the nurses have the same hairstyles, they each have different personalities. Sadly the school's Pokecenter only has a First floor and a Ground floor.

First Floor

The first floor is the waiting room for students and their pokemon. Also students can quickly heal there pokemon here if they so desire. This is the main room of the pokecenter.

Ground floor

The nursing room for injured pokemon, either wild or tamed pokemon that are going under treatment. Most wild pokemon fainted in battle are teleported to any nearby pokemon center near them for treat, all wild pokemon are tagged by a special pokemon oganization. (sorta like how scientists tag animals to follow there patherns and numbers)

S T A F F ~

The staff at each pokemon center is actually several doctors and nurses. Each nurse has a leader pokemon which is either a Blissey or Chansey. These lead pokemon help the doctors and nurses with healing pokemon and assisting in many situations.

Nurses also come in different classes, Nurse Joys are incharge of the minor injuries of pokemon, while the doctors heal major injuries.

Students that are studing to become healers should attend the Pokemon Healing Class. Which you would have use alot of your imagination for this.

V I S U A L . P H O N E S ~

Visual phones are machines that are connected by a network between all pokemon regions. Teachers can communicate with anyone via visual phone, but sadly students are only allowed to communicate with people from their hometown or with overseas friends and family.

[x] - Intro | [x] - Roleplaying | [x] - First Pokemon | [x] - Pokemon Info | [x] - Pokecenter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:02 am
_______________________ P O K E M A R T

L O C A T I O N ~

The Pokemart is your one spot shop for all things pokemon and school supplies! The school has it's own pokemart within the campus.

B U Y I N G . & . S E L L I N G ~

Just like in the game you can buy and sell times, but the original prices of the items you will lower by 15 yen.
So if you're selling an Antidote, it will be 85 yen to sell it, instead of 100 yen.

Another shocking update, pokeballs are not sold here. Why? Cause only catching class students are allowed access to these items, but even if they do obtain a pokeball or too, they still don't get to keep the pokemon unless in the exam.

Pokeballs can be recieved by the Catching Class teacher only in class time.

F O R . S A L E ~

Potion
Super Potion
Max potion

Antidote
Freeze Heal
Paralyze Heal
Awaken

Repel
Super Repel
Max Repel

Pokechow
Pokeplush plush
Pokebone
ect.

~~~~~~~~

Erasers
Pencils
Mangas
Folders
Textbooks
Pens
Folder Paper
Staplers
Dictionaries
Notepads
Bags
P.E Uniform
Catching Uniform
Breeder Uniform
Battle Uniform
Medical Uniform

[x] - Intro | [x] - Roleplaying | [x] - First Pokemon | [x] - Pokemon Info | [x] - Pokecenter
[x] - Pokemart | [ ] - Your Yen | [ ] - Classes

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:19 am
_________________________ Y O U R . Y E N

G E T T I N G . Y E N ~

In the pokemon world, the currency is called yen ( ¥ ) that can be gained from doing certain things, such as defeating a trainer in battle, or doing something for someone. Yen can also be found on the ground from other trainers that have dropped it in battles they have had. Also one more important thing, you get paid for attending class!

If you find yen laying on the ground, it can't be a ridiculously high number. It should be under 200 ¥ and 1000 ¥ the highest.

Y E N . F R O M . B AT T L E S ~

When you fight a person, depending on how experienced the student is, is how much yen you will recieve from battle.

Trainer with lvl 1 - 5 :: 200 ¥

Trainer with lvl 5 - 10 :: 300 ¥

Trainer with lvl 10 - 15 :: 400 ¥

Trainer with lvl 15 - 20 :: 500 ¥

Trainer with lvl 20 - 25 :: 600 ¥

Trainer with lvl 25 - 30 :: 700 ¥

ect...

Every five lvls the amount of yen will increase by 100. It would be rather cheaty if you have a lvl 5 and defeated a lvl 80 for a bunch of yen, we will blacklist you for cheating just to get yen. Play fair for the yen.

Also you will not loose any yen or items if you lose a battle.

Y E N . F R O M . A T T E N D A N C E ~

Yes! That's right, you get 'paid' for attending class! Late comers will recieve a lower amount of yen than those who arrived on time and full prepared. Skipping classes will not benefit from recieving yen. Also you can not recieve yen until you have finished your work and class has finally ended for the day.

On time and Prepared - 200 ¥

On time and Unprepared - 150 ¥

Late and Prepared - 100 ¥

Late and Unprepared - 50 ¥

Skipped Class - 0 ¥

[x] - Pokemart | [x] - Your Yen | [ ] - Classes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 am
_________________________ C L A S S E S

C L A S S . I N F O ~

Class Schedual

Every student that joins the Academy must attend a class, even if it's just one class in a whole week. Each "Special Pokemon Class" determines what you want to be. If you join the Pokemon Battle Class for example, you will be one step closer to becoming a pokemon trainer.

Pokemon Battle Class - Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Breeding Class - Pokemon Breeder

Pokemon Medical Class - Pokemon Nurse/Doctor

Pokemon Contest Class - Pokemon Coodinator

Pokemon Evolution Class - Pokemon Professor

Pokemon Moves Class - Pokemon Teacher

Pokemon Catching Class - Pokemon Collector

A T T E N D A N C E ~

As I mentioned before in the 'Your Yen' post, you can recieve yen after finishing a class everyday.

Attendance is also immportant since if you do not leave us a notice that you cannot rp for specific reasons, then you will be warned and if you continue to not show attendance in the rp, you will be booted.

A C T I V I T I E S ~

Certain classes are abnormal than others and may require the entire class to venture outside or on field trips.

The Pokemon Catching Class consists of venturing outside on school ground to look for pokemon to catch. Though once you have caught a pokemon, the teacher must first examine the catch before the student can release it back into the wild. This is also a test of rarity. The catching class can also, only venture to one catching area per class.

There are also all day tournaments hosted by the Pokemon Battle Class where the whole school can participate. Though tournaments will only be hosted when the crew feels it's ready.

F I E L D . T R I P S ~

Field trips are occasional and should be accepted only by the crew or principal. When making a field trip thread, only the teacher may making it and name it after the place where the class is going. We don't want any stupid things like "to space" or "time traveling". We want to see places from regions or places that are historical.

Field trips should be posted in the Main Forum after being approved by monitors. It is also the teacher's responsiblity to whatever happens to the kids.

Once the teacher's posted the thread, he/she may type a short description of the place, what event is going on, and post some pictures of the town or place. Also explain how long the field trip is going to be. The time limit is two days. If you cross this time limit the thread will be locked with a warning.

[x] - Pokemart | [x] - Your Yen | [x] - Classes

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150

Cresii
Captain

Dapper Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:36 am
_______________________ S T U N D E N T . I N F O R M A T I O N

Q U E S T I O N N A I R E ~

As you all might know now, all students should head to the principal's office. But if there's more than three students present, head to the Examination Room and grab a questionnaire one your way in. Each paper is listed with three simple questions, also always be literate with your posts. Always!
The paper looks much like this:

Questionnaire Paper
1) Name three unlegendary pokemon.

2) How many vines does a Tangela have?

3) What is your favourite flavour?

[Sour]

[Sweet]

[Spicy]

[Salty]

[Bitter]

How on earth does this determine your pokemon? Well, the first question relates to your pokemon, If it's an evolved pokemon, you will recieve its base form. And what if you wrote down the name of an unstaged pokemon? Well you will recieve a pokemon egg of that pokemon. The nature and gender is totally up to you. But it will be smaller in size to the actually adult pokemon. This also goes for rare pokemon, like Riolu.

Once you have written down your answers, leave them at the front desk to be examined by a member of staff. Also don't forget to print your name at the top of the sheet.

T H E . E X A M I N A T O R ~

Is there a monitor present to handle you your pokemon? Of course there is! Ursula Watmel will be in charge of all pokemon being handed to students, but don't get on her bad side. Once she hands your your first pokemon, the questionnaire goes straight to Principal Yukimo. Any questions?

[x] - Pokemart | [x] - Your Yen | [x] - Classes | [x] Student Info

✔Johto's Pokemon Academy // Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff