Submit

Duct tape?
  Mine! -steals-
  That stuff's useless
  Poll Whore option
View Results

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:21 am
Browncoats for the win! And I know OttB in RL, he is indeed a proud Browncoat like me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 pm
I had a browncoat but it vanished sad Lots of SCA people seem to have the same interests. I think I've seen some Wheel of Time fans around here too.

Anyone know how I can make the Styrofoam base of my cannon look like wood?  

MorganOfCalafia

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:55 pm
Paint it?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm
I'm a Wheel of Time fan! And Runa already answered your question about my Firefly fandom. As to diguising your base, you know that adhesive contact paper people put on shelves? A lot of that has a wood grain design to it. You might see if it sticks to styrofoam.  

Out to the Black

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 pm
Woo Hoo! -highfives OTOB-

The styrofoam is a little rough to just paint. I tried spray painting it and it ate it xD I've been looking for that adhesive contact paper stuff but haven't been able to find any.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02 am
I did some looking and if you look on-linme for shelf paper, you can find a lot of sources. For more physical locations, try your local home improvement store.

Also, what kind of Styrofoam is it? Is it the blue, solid stuff or the whites stuff that breaks up into little staticy spheres that get everywhere and stick to everthing?  

Runa Whynd

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:18 pm
It's the white stuff I picked up from Wal-Mart.

I looked online but I can't order stuff off the interwebz. I've been meaning to check home depot but the problem is getting my parental units to take me xP  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm
Hmm. Contact paper might not stick to that very well. Many things don't. You might try wrapping it all in brown duct tape first. then you can paint/glue, or whatever onto that.  

Runa Whynd

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 pm
That could work. I was also thinking about using an old sheet and spray painting it  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:52 pm
Whatever works right? Good luck.  

Out to the Black

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:57 am
Well, here it is. It didn't turn out like I hope and it has no fuse right now. I'm going to make another one that can actually change angle though I haven't quite figured out how yet

User Image

User Image

User Image

Also, Out to the Black, I love your Dr. Horrible avi.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:16 pm
Why thank you. mrgreen
And I might have an idea about the angle changing. Let me do some scetching. I'll be back.  

Out to the Black

Out to the Black

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 pm
I have a drawing of how you could have an adjustable angle cannon, I just forgot to scan it. I will do so in the next week.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff