Reply Community Lounge
A blast from the past

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:06 am
Okay, so I was digging through some salvaged files from two computers ago when I happened upon a folder of old fan/avi art of mine and Sanzo's. There's Saiyuki art, dream avatars, and even RP characters in there.

What recent blasts from the past have you been hit with?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 am
I actually have a lot of nostalgic things around me, but I usually zone them out.
Damn my INTPness <.<

Whne I actually search through things though. I always get greeted by old drawins, books, pictures, or other items of minor significance in themselves, but with a lot of thought attached to them.

But to give an example.
I found an old photo album a while ago, and I watched some old anime, and I went for a walk yesterday, with music playing, and it kinda put me into a nostalgic mood <.<

Sweet smelling mild night air outside, aboslutely noone in teh streets but me, 'cozy', yet somehow forlorn illumination by old streetlamps and yeah...Ic an't explain it, but it was good.
mrgreen  

Serious Erius
Crew

Ogyshi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:01 am
I saw my grade 4 class photo the other day on a strangers facebook page. Everybody's name was tagged correctly except mine.. crying It said my name was Johnathan. I am so definately not a Johnathan. I couldn't protest though because the poster wasn't on my friends list.

I suppose old pictures are nostalgic, but not as nostalgic as my somewhat recent trip to the Sobey's store near where I used to live. I used to go there with my mom all the time when I was a kid, and wow, going back there was an incredible experience. aha. The store is gone now though. along with virtually every landmark from my childhood. The ball field is replaced with a Central Building Supplies, the play ground at the bottom of the street is gone, and my favourite convenience store and pizza shop is replaced with a different pizza shop and a sex store. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:32 am
Love letters from one of my ex  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 pm
A folder full of my old fanfiction from high school... gonk God that stuff is awful blackmail. xp I wrote my own Pokemon fan series. It wasn't..."too" bad...for freshman fanfiction xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:22 pm
Oh god, I think if I found any of my old stuff, fanfic or original, I would destroy any and all copies except one of each. Those singular copies would be hard copies that I place in a binder and hide in the back of my closet.  

Indigo Project

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:39 pm
Once, while cleaning out our garage, I stumbled across something that I had made in what was likely second or third grade, maybe even first. It was something utterly ridiculous, and it involved a guy kicking a** through time and space. And there were robots involved, though I never actually mentioned them until the end. There were pictures, and I suppose I relied on them to fill in the blanks in literary talent.
But it was hilariously bad. Me and my brothers had a good laugh at it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 pm
^^Psycha^^

I had this happen. My ex finally got his brother to bring me my stuff back. Found a bunch of love notes garbage and stuff.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 pm
I've found old sketches in one of my drawing books. Like from when I was in the 3rd and 4th grade and I was convinced that tracing would make me into a good artist. I don't know, maybe I thought I was going to learn through osmosis or something. Didn't quite work out that way.

My mom kept all my old art, papers, and projects from my younger years. I still have them, but really not sure why short of being able to tell any younger generations that I used to have the same craptastic stuff as they will make and pass it off as a right of passage before they figure out what talent they do possess.

I'm surprised she didn't keep our old space ship dashboards, but they were kind of big. We drew them on large pieces of cardboard, and they had dials and levers and windshields/view screens. They were cool. We played with them for a few years. It was kind of like the "secret" code we had as kids. I still have the bookmark my mom made for me with the code symbols on it.

Yep, I wasn't normal. That just sealed the deal.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:02 pm
Watching my siblings going through the same teenage s**t that i went through at their age o.o
Srsly, wtf.

Firemica

Essence of Crayon

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:05 pm
Listening to songs from previous years... they bring back a lot of memories with friends :")  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:33 pm
I'm in the middle of tie-dying some shirts. It's not so much nostalgic, since this is my first try at it, but it's quite the blast from the 70s.

So far as nostalgia goes, I can't clean my room withing finding some junk with such fond memories attached that I just can't get rid of it. Darn my packrat nature.

blue_lutra

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 am
^^Psycha^^

You just reminded me of something I had to do! :O  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers