STANLEY CUP REMATCH!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alligator saurus

Hilarious Swapper

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:29 pm
A rematch of last year for the Stanley Cup Finals.
Pens vs. Redwings
(Of course I'm going for the Pens...)

intersting facts.
Redwings can't buy their octupus in Pittsburgh
if they come down for a game (haha stinky cars if they bring it)

Crosby touched the prince of Whales Trophy and even took a picture with it with Malkin and Gonchar - this is suppose to be bad luck 0 eventhough in 1990 + 1991 they did touch it and won the Stanley Cup back to back.

Redwings were strong throughout the season as the Pens weren't.

Pittsburgh stayed in through the playoffs pretty much healthy, expect Gonchar who was out a game or two, but is back and healthy. / Can't say the same for the Redwings.

Pens went into this playoff series not playing so great, most people say the Flyers outplayed the Pens in the first series, but Pens finished the series off.

Earlier this Season pens were down three and came back to win the game game 7-6... Then again a few months later Red wings shut down the Pens.

So most people might think it's up for grabs this time (specially since the Pens adapted their playing style after getting a new heac coach who turned the team around....) So I think it's gonna be a good intense rematch..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:29 pm
PENGUINS WIN IT!

This was kind of a cool series, eventhough the refs did really suck for both teams at times.

First off the first two games were quit similar, Red wings won them, but Penguins actually scored a few goals. Then of course Pens won game three just like the last Stanley cup series.
This is when things started to make a dramatic change with the Pens wining game four. Oh and game five, remember the Fleury's awesome game five, wining in the third overtime, game five was completely turned around for the young goal tender with the Wings wining it 5 nothing. Of course the next two games were both 2-1 Pens. With the end of the Stanley Cup game seven right in the opposite end in Detriot, just like game six of the year before. With an amazing save by Fleury as Ozgood had a lucky save the year before they won the couple down in the last finaly moments of the game.

I find it cool how similar these series actually ended up being and how twisted around they were in the end. Now that I had month to actually think about it.

alligator saurus

Hilarious Swapper

TDogVelarde26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 pm
wow cool  
General Sports Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items