View Results

Rose of Morpheus

Shadowy Phantom

12,050 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 am
And that's a little lie, there, loves...you don't have to be a boy or a girl....you could be genderless.......sexless.....gender fluid.....or a hermphrodite

^-^

I've played those before...they're fun  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:55 am
I think that every role-play character has something they can specialize in. While this may not make them a badass overall it does give them something that they generally may be more proficient at that most other characters, making them a badass in that area of expertise. As for the gender of characters I tend to stick with male because, well, that is what I am. This gives me an familiarity with the inner workings and machinations of the characters mind. Not to mention playing as a female character does not feel natural or fluidous to me, resulting in a hampered role-playing ability. Even my genderless shifter leaned more towards the male spectrum.

I think one thing that makes a good role play character (and something that I seem to be seeing a lack of anymore) is abilities and weapon proficiencies that are explained. I.e. there is a background basis to why these abilities exist within you character. I going to post a small example for this. Let's take Warren the lich for example. He is a user of magic. He learned this from a beginning teacher in his earlier years (the best time in my opinion.) which gave him a fundamental understanding. From there a character could easily study books over the years to learn their arcane secrets. As for his weapon choice a whip is perfect for him. While he was never the strongest person he had a damn decent bit of dexterity. Since the whip is a lighter weapon it would be excellent for an agile style. While he not only practiced this weapon he also tortured slaves for his father, using that same whip for the deed. His whip also has a crystal on the end so he may control the whip with his magic. As for his gauntlets, he still has a bit to learn with perfecting that.

Hope I was helpful in this situation.  

MatCauthom
Vice Captain

Newbie Hunter

RikoSeryuji
Vice Captain

Shadowy Pumpkin

8,425 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:51 pm
Well, I always have a complex background story that tells why my characters have the abilities that they do, but I usually don't post it because...well, it's usually just too damn long. One of my characters, a half-elven mage named Luna, I actually wrote out her backstory in a D&D campaign...and it in itself is over 50 pages single spaced. My character here, Tessa, has a backstory that is not as long, but still too much for me to post up. And I always use the same group of characters too, and usually only change up their backstories slightly to fit into the RP.

I guess I can do Tessa's backstory in a few sentences now that I think about it, but it seems so lacking if I do. Anyway, her mother was a treasure hunter/tomb raider, and came across an artifact of massive power that it was said if it got into human hands, it would cause the end of the world. She ended up destroying it, but didn't know that its power had already seeped into her. Years later when she has children, her oldest (Tessa) inherits the power from her, and it grows slowly stronger as she ages.
Like I said, extremely watered down version here...  
Le Anime Hotel

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff