Reply SCA Guild
Persona Stories!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lizveth Kikronus

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:44 pm
Curious, and well...no just curious. Write your persona stories here! And browse through them. It's exciting to see who someone personifies, and where their character comes from! Maybe we can lend help to those who need it.

Things to think of!
Name?
Where do they come from? What time?
Do they travel?
Do they have a spouse? Or are they courting someone? Who?
What's their tale?
What do they live for? Battle? Romance?Solitude? Revelry?
Titles? How did they earn it?
Occupation? What do they do? What do they love about it?

Hopefully this helps out biggrin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:48 am
Some more helpful questions. These were developed by Bernard Pivot for his television show, "Bouillon de Culture," and are also used by James Lipton on "Inside The Actors' Studio," as a method of getting to know their respective guests a little better. The answers can be illuminating to ask your persona and answer as your persona.

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
What turns you off?
What is your favorite curse word?
What sound or noise do you love?
What sound or noise do you hate?
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to do?
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

American Lad

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:48 pm
Name?
Do they travel?
What's their tale?
---------------------------------------------
My Answers
---------------------------------------------

Ewen Cameron
-----
Scotland,Highlands,Lochaber and 1500's
-----
Yes
-----
Nope, No one.
-----
A Highlander lad that was sent to schooling in Glasgow and decided to see more of the world from there.
-----
Everything, Life is a mix of it all and one big adventure.
-----
No titles yet but I will be trying to earn some.
-----
Just a wanderer/traveler trying to learn the ways of the world while also trying to find his place in the world will it be a king, knight, squire, leatherworker, peasant or even a play wright?
-----

Theirs my answers, tell me whatcha think.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 am
Name? AElfthryth the Cat
Where do they come from? What time? Sixth century anglo-saxon.
Do they travel? Yes, when making the personna story of the overall household, we found there was a yearly fair, which in respect to where we live, and where our personnas lived, is in the same place as Pennsic.
Do they have a spouse? Or are they courting someone? Who? No, she is the only one of her sisters who hasn't yet married. It might be because she's the youngest daughter, or because she's really hard to deal with and no one in their right mind would want to marry her.
What's their tale? AElthryth lives with her mother and older sister, AElfwytha. Her time is split between handwork, giggling about boys and tormenting AElfwytha. It has been joked that she is the anglo-saxon equvilant of a valley girl. It has recently been discovered (much to my surprise as anyone else's) that she might not be quite as dumb as she acts. But that might have arisen from the fact she is no longer seventeen. At twenty-two, while a pre-christian anglo-saxon woman might not be married, it is somewhat chief in her mind.
What do they live for? Battle? Romance?Solitude? Revelry? Dresses. Pretty dresses. It has been said "AElfthryth likes dresses, her hair, jewelry, dresses, pretty boys, and dresses, in that order."
Titles? How did they earn it? AElfthryth has no titles. She has the kenning "the cat", and since in mundania, the nickname Kat came from the fact I crawled on the ground meowing as a toddler, and I did so at events, I'm guessing it came from a similar place.
Occupation? What do they do? What do they love about it? Mostly doing what her mother tells her and observing potential husbands. And tormenting Aelfwytha.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 pm
Well I haven't got all the nitty gritty details worked out for my persona yet, but I finally registered my name and my device last weekend! Here's what I do have.

Name Elnor Howard
Where do they come from Hertfordshire, England
What time The 1560's
Do they travel not for the most part, unless she is traveling with her father
Relationship status Elnor is not currently courting anyone, nor is she married. She was betrothed, to the son of a merchant, but he was taken by an illness and died before the wedding.
What's their tale Elnor is the daughter of a well respected falconer, who breeds, captures and trains falcons for the higher nobility. She lives in Hertfordshire with her father, mother and younger sister, who is currently betrothed to the apprentice of an apothecary.

Her family is distant cousins to the Howards of the Tudor court. As such, she grew up in relative comfort, receiving a basic education in the courtly arts, in hopes that she might marry well.

Elnor's Heraldic Device (pending approval):
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:18 am
ps. I'm new so my persona is still under construction...please excuse inaccuracies it's still being researched! sweatdrop

Name? Avis duWinfrey
Where do they come from? England, near the coast
What time? Mid 1500s, 1540-1560 (ish)
Do they travel? Mostly from England to France, although they sometimes visit merchant friends in Spain.
Do they have a spouse? Or are they courting someone? Who? Nope, not married, currently not courting, although she would like to be. She only just came out into society and has not been of marrying age for very long. Most of her prospective beaus are scared off when they find that she is smarter than they are. She hopes to marry someone who can keep up with her.
What's their tale?Her father's great-grandfather came to Britain from Germany in the late fourteen-hundreds (1490-ish) and started the family business. They are now fabric merchants (mostly the family's wool, but they import Islamic textiles as well); her uncles are tailors, while her aunts manage their husbands' pastures and sell the wool from the sheep, as she is being trained to do. Her father has given her a good education, in the belief that women work better when they have the smarts to do so. Her mother is teaching her about spinning, knitting, sewing, and embroidering the family wool as well as how to manage a household and be a good wife. They are moderately wealthy, but it rises and falls with the wool trade. She has hopes of one day following in her aunt's footsteps and managing the family pasturelands with her someday husband.
What do they live for? Battle? Romance?Solitude? Revelry?Romance and knowledge - she's a smart girl who won't take any crap from subordinates, but is respectful and kind-hearted to those she likes. She is constantly daydreaming about romantic escapades and wants to travel the world - she also hopes to one day see the fabled Americas.
Titles? How did they earn it? They are not peers themselves, but they are related to modest peers. One of her father's cousins bought a small title early in the 1500s and now is Lord of Williamson, a small parcel of about 600 acres (it is named thusly because he is the son of William).
Occupation? What do they do? What do they love about it? She is a student right now, studying the family trade (the woman's side of it). She is interested in all things business and all things wool. She loves the family wool trade because it allows her to be absorbed in her two favorite things - knowledge and fiber work - without being looked down upon by her peers. She is respected for finding herself a place in the family business appropriate to a woman while still being a 'proper' maiden. Also on a recent trip to London, she unwittingly had a conversation with a friendly Duchess and is now being considered as a lady-in-waiting.  

Aribella_Adrieanna

Tandahda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:41 am
Name?
Laeka Baerbsdoittir

Holstein, Denmark. 12-13th century. (currently)

Do they travel?
Yes,

Yes. My mundane fiance, persona Lachko Lupp.

What's their tale?
Laeka was born in Iceland, and traveled to first Norway, then Denmark in the 12th-13th century (I'm fuzzy on the period right now) to settle in Holstein.

She lives to learn. There is nothing that Laeka isn't interested in knowing how to do. She is currently looking into card weaving, chainmail making, fighting and dancing.

None

Laeka is a jack of all trades, she does tasks for people that need tasks done. She loves versatility, she hates feeling trapped.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 am
Everything in quotes is my persona answering. Everything -not-, though, is mundane me in front of my Mac.

Name? Constantia Aemiliana Kaloethes
Where do they come from? What time? Sixth century Byzantium (Constantinople, to be precise), not living in Calontir.
Do they travel? Extensively in the much safer lands of Calontir. Back home, not so much.
Do they have a spouse? Or are they courting someone? Who? "That question may be better asked at another time, thank you."
What's their tale? "I am the daughter of textile merchants in the golden jewel-box of New Rome - Constantinople. As I am the only surviving child, as my brothers died while attempting to be military men and my sisters in childbirth, I am left to operate my family's business. My parents died of the plague brought back from Egypt, and so, in an attempt to profit in spite of such extreme loss, I packed everything and headed to Calontir. I have profited well since I've been here."
What do they live for? Battle? Romance? Solitude? Revelry? "I live for romance, revelry, respect, and honour."
Titles? How did they earn it? "I am called Kuria, meaning that I am a minor noble. The thing about Byzantium is that many times, titles are given due to one's financial positioning. I've profited so well that I was able to slip a few solidae to the proper channels and become what I am today."

In all actuality, I was given my AoA for being exuberant and joyful, and for doing seemingly everything and anything.

Occupation? What do they do? What do they love about it? "I am a textiles merchant - didn't I just tell you about that? - meaning that I sell fabrics. Silk, linens, wools, fine cottons from Egypt are all things I've sold. What I love about it is seeing the dozens of different fabrics and seeing what people can do with them. And, of course, having my own clothing made out of them. The highlight of my occupation is when Her Most August Empress' servants came to me to purchase silk - meaning that I had the best in the city, and possibly all of the Empire. Some even say that the artists in Ravenna used that as inspiration for their mosaics."  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Out to the Black

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 am
I'm trying to work out the details of my persona. All I've got so far is that I'm a Viking.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm
I did some fixing and submitted my name and device and here's what I've got so far

Name? Morgant Fagan (Aka Morgan the Artfully Annoying)

Where do they come from? What time? Wales undecided time period. Thinking maybe Late 12th - Early 13th century

Do they travel? Alot

Do they have a spouse? Or are they courting someone? Who? Nope

What's their tale? Morgants father was a sailor by trade and named her before he left on one of his expeditions, having expected a boy. From a young age Morgant dressed as boy and she quickly became interested in ships and the sea. When she was about fifteen her parents allowed her to take her friends and start a merchant crew. What they don't know is that they actually formed a pirate ship with Morgant as their captain. Morgant still dresses as a man since for the most part, women are not welcome on ships but since she is the captain she lets her crew wear what they want as long as they can work on the boat in it.

What do they live for? Battle? Romance?Solitude? Revelry? Battle, Adventure, Learning and Service

Titles? How did they earn it? Lady - For service. Captain - By vote from her crew

Occupation? What do they do? What do they love about it? Morgant is the Captain of a privateer ship and she loves it because she gets to see exciting places and strike fear into the hearts of her enemies.

Item of special significance? Morgant has this hat that she always wears. It doesn't look like much but she is almost never seen without it. Some say
it's because it saved her life; one day she dropped it and when she bent over to pick it up, an arrow meant for her heart went zooming over her head. Others say it once beloned to an unjust lord, and as a pirate of the people she killed him and wears his hat as a trophy. She however, says that the only reason she wears the thing is because "It's a bloody good hat"

User Image  

MorganOfCalafia

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces