Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Help/Resources
What is PG-13?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:45 pm
Many people seem to be confused about this. Either they are afraid to post something because they think it's not PG-13 or they post things which are beyond PG-13. Below is the official MPAA definition of PG-13. I hope this helps you determine what kind of content is appropriate. :3

PG-13
Quote:
A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them. A PG-13 motion picture may go beyond the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, adult activities or other elements, but does not reach the restricted R category. The theme of the motion picture by itself will not result in a rating greater than PG-13, although depictions of activities related to a mature theme may result in a restricted rating for the motion picture. Any drug use will initially require at least a PG-13 rating. More than brief nudity will require at least a PG-13 rating, but such nudity in a PG-13 rated motion picture generally will not be sexually oriented. There may be depictions of violence in a PG-13 movie, but generally not both realistic and extreme or persistent violence. A motion picture’s single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, initially requires at least a PG-13 rating. More than one such expletive requires an R rating, as must even one of those words used in a sexual context. The Rating Board nevertheless may rate such a motion picture PG-13 if, based on a special vote by a two-thirds majority, the Raters feel that most American parents would believe that a PG-13 rating is appropriate because of the context or manner in which the words are used or because the use of those words in the motion picture is inconspicuous.

And for further help, if your content falls into the R category below, do not post it.

R
Quote:
An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 am
Any swear words are fine as long as you are not directing abuse at other users, so feel free to say ******** and c**t.

There are no Gaia polcies regarding drug use, you won't get warned for discussing it.

Encouraging (not discussing) illegal activies is prohibited though, so talking about things such as the best places to purchase heroine or how to start your own meth lab would not be okay.

Nudity is not allowed, this includes naked people not showing any bits. Such as covering their boobs with their hands. This also includes hentai and ettchi drawings outlining the vulva.

Artistic nudity is permitted, but it must be linked to not posted using User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

scrub
Crew

Rose Mitsubushi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 am
Well, what is considered PG-13 has changed throughout the years.
When I was a kid kid I never saw an butt in a movie.
Now it's like required to.
What's that about?

For me, when people tell me to shut up I have a feeling I'm going overboard.
I know not to go into too much detain about some things...
wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:50 pm
I find it interesting that no one under the age of 13 is allowed on the site but the site rating is PG-13?
I mean I understand we don't want smutt all over the place which is fair enough.
I guess the American rating system confuses me. We have G, PG (no age limit attached), M, MA 15+, and R 18+.

So PG 13+ can go up to an R rating but not include it?  

Deschaine

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:37 pm
PG-13 means anyone under 13 shouldn't view it. So I guess it's similar to your MA 15+? It's either 17 or 18 for R ratings. I forget. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm
pg-13 is that you have to see it with a parent or guardian if you are under the age of 13 whee  

Siaon96

Help/Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff