Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.
If Silent Hill Were an Anime, would you watch it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If Silent Hill were an anime, I would ---
  Watch it religiously, omg yay!
  Check it out with mild interest, or at least see an episode or two.
  Have a look, if only to compare it to the games, but probably not be interested.
  Laugh, say it couldn't be done PROPERLY, and avoid watching it.
  (What's Silent Hill?)
  Only watch it if I was GARANTEED some Pyramid Head action!
View Results

Az-the-Wolf-Boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 am
Silent Hill the Anime. Yes, the arcade game was bad, the live-action movie was... well I liked it but some people don't. What about a horror anime?

I'm saying this under the assumption that the show would NOT follow the games, and that the writing would be done by the staffing group that made the first two or three games. (The group I call the "Silent Hill ORIGINAL Team.")

It would probably be short, or perhaps it would start with a new main character each season (15 episodes? 30?) if it were a longer one. So, would you watch it, or check it out? Follow it religiously?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm
You forgot "avoid it like the plague," Which is what I would do.  

Tarantellatears

AquaMarinaSama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm
I love the first game... so much so that I spent a good deal of time hunting down a playable original disc after mine was too old and scratched. That being said, I would be very wary of a series based on it.

The movie... bothered me due to not following the first games storyline, but impressed me with the music, creepy feel, suspense, and original game sound effects. It was a lot of fun. Could an anime create that same feel? Probably not. And this is coming for an anime fan of over 15 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:43 am
If a team who don't have their collective heads up their asses did it, it might be aight. It would have the potential to be creepy as hell, which would do it justice. NOW the chances of that.... um, slim. confused  

metalmariogc
Vice Captain

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items