A Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Guild, and haven for Otaku Senshi 

Tags: sailor moon, otaku senshi, bishoujo, magical girl, senshi 

Reply The Galaxy Cauldron
Odd Fan Pairing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You Agree With Me on the Weirdness of This Pairing?
  Goku and Usagi? WHAT?!
  Eh...
  Uh...Gold...?
View Results

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 pm
User Image
I guess I should clarify: if it were Hotaru/Chibiusa as a "schoolhouse crush" like you said, that wouldn't be so bad. ^^

And I always thought it was a little creepy that Mamoru was so much older than Usagi. I think the reason it works in this case is because the genre is obviously geared to adolescent girls, who fantasize and have crushes on older men. (Johnny Depp, anyone?) In most cases, those girls will never get attention from those older men, but some will. And that's where we get statutory rape. eek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:25 pm
GreenInkling
User Image
I guess I should clarify: if it were Hotaru/Chibiusa as a "schoolhouse crush" like you said, that wouldn't be so bad. ^^

And I always thought it was a little creepy that Mamoru was so much older than Usagi. I think the reason it works in this case is because the genre is obviously geared to adolescent girls, who fantasize and have crushes on older men. (Johnny Depp, anyone?) In most cases, those girls will never get attention from those older men, but some will. And that's where we get statutory rape. eek

I think the messed up thing about it is, Manga wise: he's 17 and she's 14. Not much of an age gap (3 yrs.) Probably fits the Romeo and Juliet laws and..generally not many people would grumble too much. (As she'll be 15 and he'll be 18 the following year.)

The really messed up thing is, they keep it in the NA Version that he's 20 and she's 14. >>; (though I don't think they really mentioned much about ages....) And Rei's no better too...

Think it also has to do with who the animators were and that specific time period..

(I still don't get why they couldn't have him in his last year of high school and her in her last year of middle school and let it go with that. DX; )  

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:10 am
Rei Torano
GreenInkling
User Image

I think the messed up thing about it is, Manga wise: he's 17 and she's 14. Not much of an age gap (3 yrs.) Probably fits the Romeo and Juliet laws and..generally not many people would grumble too much. (As she'll be 15 and he'll be 18 the following year.)

The really messed up thing is, they keep it in the NA Version that he's 20 and she's 14. >>; (though I don't think they really mentioned much about ages....) And Rei's no better too...

Think it also has to do with who the animators were and that specific time period..

(I still don't get why they couldn't have him in his last year of high school and her in her last year of middle school and let it go with that. DX; )
User Image

I was always under the impression that he was 19. Not that it's much different. XD No wonder Usagi's father goes all crazy when he hears anyone mention Mamoru! razz

The Galaxy Cauldron

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff