View Results

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm
Let me revisit the safety of your neighborhood issue again.

Last night, or so it would seem, my walkway lights were stolen from my garage. Okay so they're really white LED Christmas lights that Steven and I just stapled onto the side of the garage near the base of the garage. At any rate someone just ripped them clean off the garage leaving behind only the staples that were holding them up.

Originally, I had said I felt fairly safe at night, now...I'm not so sure. sweatdrop I mean I don't even know if this did happen at night or not, but now I question my safety at ANY time of day.

Well, we filed a report with the police and an officer came out and spoke with us took down information and such and handed us some official document saying if we needed anything else or wanted to append to our report where to call and such. Needless to say, I lost my appetite for lunch and just now am begining to feel hungry. I'm still upset and confused. Mostly I'm dumbfounded; I can't find the right words to say now.

I feel like I've been used in that someone just took complete advantage of me and all the hard work I (and Steven) put into this.

Discuss: similar feelings
How we did the right thing for filing a report
Why on earth someone would steal Christmas lights
Who in the world would steal them (I mean if you just didn't like them wouldn't you just rip them off and toss them somewhere not take them with you?!).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 pm
Punk teenagers. Always.

But seriously, I don't understand the mentality behind stealing something like Christmas lights. Are the culprits going to put them up on their own house?

It boggles the mind, the things humans do some times.  

Headhunter
Crew

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:20 am
Headhunter
Punk teenagers. Always.

*nods nods*
Probably drunk or stoned at the time....lots of laughing and thinking that they were REALLY funny.

I've been broken into a couple of times (only once in this house), but I still feel very safe - and I live alone!
I guess I'm lucky that Perth is pretty quiet. Most crime is petty (like the fairy light robbery!) so is annoying, but nothing to get worried about.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 am
Headhunter
Punk teenagers. Always.

yupp, once when i was drunken and young abou 15, i and some friends stole a garden gnome from one house... well i took it back after a few days.  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:52 pm
I'm with these guys...it has to be young drunk kids. Just idiots egging each other on. I'm sorry to hear how unsafe you're feeling though.....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:04 pm
hope you are feeling better.  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm
Eh, a little bit. I'm begining to feel safe again. 3nodding It's just it takes a while to regain my trust and safety etc. As I've said before, I'm very trusting by nature; I will trust until someone or something breaks that trust then it takes a loooong while for that trust to build up again.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 pm
good to hear your feeling better.  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers