Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeezyBalla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:49 am
My friend did it to me (he's a casual):

Olimar throw pikmin spam with rolling.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 pm
Stalling is defined as the currently-winning player running the time out in order to win. If your friend wasn't winning, then it wasn't stalling.  

Gikaru

BeezyBalla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Gikaru
Stalling is defined as the currently-winning player running the time out in order to win. If your friend wasn't winning, then it wasn't stalling.

I thought the definition of Stalling was "making the game unplayable for the other player" according to Smash World.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:40 pm
No, that is not even close to stalling. Olimar is still vulnerable; very vulnerable in fact.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

BeezyBalla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:57 pm
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
No, that is not even close to stalling. Olimar is still vulnerable; very vulnerable in fact.

How so? the dude was rolling and throwin pikmin.

I tried to grab with Marth (in typical melee fashion) but it wasn't working. Help?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:22 pm
King_Ace D
A Pharmaceutical Bandit

I tried to grab with Marth (in typical melee fashion) but it wasn't working. Help?

Yes, he's rolling and throwing Pikmin. So what? First off, you can kill the Pikmin. Second, rolling - especially excessive rolling - is easy to punish. Not to mention that Olimar's roll travels the least distance, if I recall correctly.
Punish the rolling, it's not hard, especially as Marth. Be more aggressive. I could give more help if you had any videos of yourself playing, but at this point all I know is that Olimar is rolling and throwing, and you are... I don't know what you're doing.

Not stalling, at all. Camping? Pretty much, but not stalling at all.

Yes, part of the definition is that stalling makes the game unplayable for the opponent. How does this situation make the game unplayable for you? He is reachable and vulnerable.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

BeezyBalla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:00 pm
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
King_Ace D
A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Yes, he's rolling and throwing Pikmin. So what? First off, you can kill the Pikmin. Second, rolling - especially excessive rolling - is easy to punish. Not to mention that Olimar's roll travels the least distance, if I recall correctly.
Punish the rolling, it's not hard, especially as Marth. Be more aggressive. I could give more help if you had any videos of yourself playing, but at this point all I know is that Olimar is rolling and throwing, and you are... I don't know what you're doing.

Yes, part of the definition is that stalling makes the game unplayable for the opponent. How does this situation make the game unplayable for you? He is reachable and vulnerable.

I'll try to be more aggresive.

I hate how in Brawl it's so easy to react to attacks compared to Melee. I remember in Melee all I had to do was SH Marth's F-air and N-air and grab spam and it was over.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:49 am
King_Ace D
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
King_Ace D
A Pharmaceutical Bandit

I'll try to be more aggresive.

I hate how in Brawl it's so easy to react to attacks compared to Melee. I remember in Melee all I had to do was SH Marth's F-air and N-air and grab spam and it was over.

Yeah, it's a different game. Much more campy and defensive.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff