Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Title: Rock-n-Rolla

Directed by: Guy Ritchie

Starring: Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton, Karel Roden

Year : 2008

Setting: Modern day London

Plot: Tom Wilkinson plays Lenny Cole, a gangster who deals in top shelf land and property throughout the city. He stands to make millions through a deal with a Russian billionaire named Uri Omovich, who loans him a lucky painting as a gesture of goodwill and a sign of their business partnership. When the painting is stolen from his home, the movie becomes a chase to get the piece of art back involving crooked accountants, nearly indestructible Russian war criminals, drug-addled Rock Stars thought to be dead and hungry American Crayfish.

Recommendation (and star rating out of 10) : Loved it. 10/10

Anyone familiar with Guy Ritchie's movies Snatch or Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels should know what they're getting into. A colorful cast of (mostly) British criminals all connected through coincidences of Seinfeldian proportions that all stem from a single item (in Snatch, it was the diamond, in Lock Stock it was the antique guns). The dialogue is just as great as in his past efforts and the principal characters each have their standout moments.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Agreed Headhunter, this movie was awesome!  

ebony etta

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:52 am
This sounds like something I'd like to see. I usually look out for things at the cinema, but can't recall it showing. Odd. Perhaps Australia is (further) behind (than I thought)? confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 pm
Just watched it again on Blu Ray the other night - such an awesome movie! And Gerard Butler is quite easy on the eye ^_^  

ebony etta

The Critic : Book and Movie Review

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff