Haven't read it
View Results

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:32 pm
Title : He's Just Not That Into You

Year : 2004

Author : Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

What it's about : As the title reads! Written by former Sex and the City writer Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo, this book debunks many of the myths that women create about men and dating. The bottom line is that men are not complicated and there are no mixed messages. If he doesn't ask you out, call you soon after a date, or want to come inside with you after a date, then he's just not that into you.

Recommendation : I really loved it! If you're a single woman - or have been one, then you should read this book.
All the way through it I was saying "I know, I know, that's why we broke up". Or, "I know, I know, that's why I didn't get back with him". Or "I know, I know, I was a fool - I knew it then too".

It was easy to read, but I got a little bored at the end. The covers of this book are too far apart.
8/10

Has anyone seen the movie? It's just opened here in Perth (Australia).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:54 am
I'm off to see the movie tomorrow! I'll be sure to report back  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:49 pm
He's Just Not That Into You...The Movie.

Year : 2009

Director : Ken Kwapis

Staring : Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Bradley Cooper Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson, Justin Long, Ben Affleck

Story line : The movie takes place in modern-day Baltimore, where the lives of four women are followed. Gigi hunts her perfect boyfriend, Beth waits more than 7 years for her boyfriend to ask her to marry her, Mary tries the internet scene and Janine finds her marriage is a little less stable than she thought.

My opinion : I was happy to sit through the entire movie. However, like most movies made out of books, it wasn't as good as the book. The problem with most of the film's women is that they are interested in only the opposite sex, dating and marriage. A "chick-flick" with romance and a few funny scenes. It's definitely a movie that you can enjoy when you want to leave your brain at home.

I rate it at 6/10  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:54 pm
I read the abridged version and read it cover to cover in no time. Sorry, my book took forever to come in so I was really irked when I saw you had posted this one and the vendor sent my book to the "Wrong sorting facility".

Anyway I was REALLY surprised at how good the book was. Firstly, the title implies that it was more of a negative thing-- but really the authors focused on asserting page after page that there is nothing wrong with you if a guy isn't into you, simply that he's a knucklehead and you shouldn't waste time with him.

What I enjoyed was how in a few words they illustrated a point. As Sablara pointed out though, this book definitely has a heterosexual slant, no doubt!

Downsides: Not exactly scientific, somewhat repetitive

Upsides: Surprisingly self affirming, great tips, easy to get into (abridged at least), and makes great points on relationships (or lack there of?)  

AntoniaMerEnfant

The Critic : Book and Movie Review

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff