Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Introductions!! Make a thread and introduce yourself to the guild!!
Nice to meet you all! :3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll for you!
  :D
View Results

dorsal striatum

Interstellar Cosmonaut

7,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 pm
Hi all,

I joined this guild last week but for some reason, haven't gotten around to posting an introductory thread before now. I'm 23, and honestly, I haven't a clue what to say about myself... I love collecting books (usually from yardsales/used bookstores), astronomy, photography, writing, reading, old music and 'lolcat kitty capshuns'. :3

Currently I'm taking a year of from university, where I was preparing to pursue Honours psychology and was majoring in psych and philosophy. Philosophy's one of my biggest passions, and so is neuroscience.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:58 am
Yay psyche! I loved learning about the basic brain stuff during undergrad. I'm a particularly fond of the temporal lobe and limbic system. Have you read about temporal lobe epilepsy? The case I had read was pretty freaky. I also like saying suprachiasmatic nucleus whenever anyone makes me feel dumb- it's a much fancier word than "circadian rhythm thingy".

Sorry I just got brainy! (Bad, bad pun....)

We have a writing subforum and a photography subforum if you're interested. Unfortunately we do not have a LOLCAT subforum... yet.... yet...  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:48 am
welcome to the guild heart

i collect only mangas, but have to stop because i donĀ“t have space. guess you have a little library at home wink  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:20 pm
Welcome ^.^

Wow, you sound super smart O.o;
Me am know notthin' about dat der ummm... Brain...

But I Love LoLCat 3nodding

Hope you like hanging around-
Everyone's really cool here ^.^  

Mercenaryx2070

O.G. Noob

dorsal striatum

Interstellar Cosmonaut

7,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:33 pm
Thank you all for your comments! whee

AntoniaMerEnfant: I have studied temporal lobe epilepsy. smile Actually, it's a topic that's sort of close to my heart because my sister suffers from it as well.

Ameliechan: Which manga do you collect? I haven't really added to my collection in a while, but some personal favorites include my old Sailormoon hoard (loved the manga from that series...), Please Save My Earth, Rayearth (loved the art - it was my first CLAMP series), and Planet Ladder. I really want to find some new series to check out though.

Mercenaryx2070: Thank you :3 I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. Nice to meet you~  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:47 am
Welcome to the guild! I hope you like it here. biggrin  

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Introductions!! Make a thread and introduce yourself to the guild!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games