A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply College Football
Season BCS Bowl Games announced! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will win the National Championship game?
  Oklahoma
  Florida
View Results

Bigmac51

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 am
Dude-LAP
Bigmac51
This year's bowl games have been great and all but, this year has also proved the need for a playoff. I am sick of the greedy school presidents in the "higher" confrences, the BCS is better decsribed by taking the "C" out of it. Being a BYU fan I don't really like Utah but, they deserve to be #1 over Florida. They were undefeated they should be national champions. Period.

I, too, am in favor of a playoff system. It should me installed immediately, just to keep things fair and un-biased. Nobody gets the BCS and the rankings.

...But personally, I believe that Florida should be #1 ahead of Utah. Even though Utah had a great undefeated season and beat Alabama, the Florida Gators are the better team. My definition of the #1 team is the "best" team. And if Florida plays Utah on a neutral field, I'd say that Florida would win.

My definition of number one is also the best team but, you can't say that Florida is better than Utah because they will never get to play each other. I would love nothing more than to at least see them play each other next year in the regular season although it won't be as good because the utes are losing some key players. I think Utah sould still see if Florida will take the challenge though. The year after BYU won the national championship in 1984 Oklahoma complained because they weren't the champions and BYU said they would play them the first game next year and Oklahoma refused. I think if Utah asked Florida Urban Meyer would welcome playing his old team again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:08 pm
Bigmac51
Dude-LAP
Bigmac51
This year's bowl games have been great and all but, this year has also proved the need for a playoff. I am sick of the greedy school presidents in the "higher" confrences, the BCS is better decsribed by taking the "C" out of it. Being a BYU fan I don't really like Utah but, they deserve to be #1 over Florida. They were undefeated they should be national champions. Period.

I, too, am in favor of a playoff system. It should me installed immediately, just to keep things fair and un-biased. Nobody gets the BCS and the rankings.

...But personally, I believe that Florida should be #1 ahead of Utah. Even though Utah had a great undefeated season and beat Alabama, the Florida Gators are the better team. My definition of the #1 team is the "best" team. And if Florida plays Utah on a neutral field, I'd say that Florida would win.

My definition of number one is also the best team but, you can't say that Florida is better than Utah because they will never get to play each other. I would love nothing more than to at least see them play each other next year in the regular season although it won't be as good because the utes are losing some key players. I think Utah sould still see if Florida will take the challenge though. The year after BYU won the national championship in 1984 Oklahoma complained because they weren't the champions and BYU said they would play them the first game next year and Oklahoma refused. I think if Utah asked Florida Urban Meyer would welcome playing his old team again.

I agree with what you're saying, but I think that Florida is the better team. They played a tougher schedule, have been more dominant, and have better players.

...Think of it this way: If you had to bet your most prized possession on the winner of a Florida vs. Utah game, I think you'd have to pick the Gators.  

Dude-LAP

Bigmac51

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 pm
I think alot of Alabama fans did the same thing with their money and guess what they thought is was also a guarentee but, they got their heads shoved up their butts. So, those fans went home empty handed and crying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:42 pm
Bigmac51
I think alot of Alabama fans did the same thing with their money and guess what they thought is was also a guarentee but, they got their heads shoved up their butts. So, those fans went home empty handed and crying.

But Florida beat Alabama pretty convincingly on a neutral field, so it doesn't translate much to what Utah did. But look at Florida. Tebow, Harvin, that great defense. I'd think they'd be favorites to win, thus #1.  

Dude-LAP

College Football

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces