I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Wiigasm -- A Lesson in the Art of Game System Purchases

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I satisfy my hunger for electronic mayhem with...
  a Nintendo Wii!
  a Sony Playstation 3!
  Microsoft's Xbox 360!
  my own frackin' PC! >w<
  PC? *scoffscoff* -_- I deal only with Apple, thank you.
  And you make them move with... controllamabobs? O_O
View Results

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:09 am
I bought a Wii. Since I started playing video games (my SNES controller fused with my hands to form my thumbs 3nodding ) I've been a huge fan of Nintendo material. They seem to be the most innovative, the most groundbreaking, and the most widely known and/or loved gaming company in the world. I'm always eager to see just what they'll throw out to us next.

Well the Wii was the perfect example of what Nintendo can do. The interactive game play coupled with the free WiFi connection, and the backwards compatibility/ability to download classics make for one solid system. The remote/nunchuk motion-sensing combination means that the old arcade games like House of the Dead and Area 51 can come back and be cursed at once again for being so damn difficult.

The Wii is also a perfect example of what Nintendo CAN'T do. The Wii just isn't powerful enough to handle some of the hotter frame rates and game organization that the processors in the XBOX360 and the Playstation 3 are designed for. All hands down, it's versatile, but it's not powerful. A lack of hard drive space is remedied by the range of external memory options available, what with the GameCube memory ports, SD memory port, and USB ports, but even then you have to keep up with the extra components.

So a few pros and cons there. *breaks out the ATG Spoon*

Discuss:
-Pros and Cons of the Nintendo Wii
-Do you own one/add me to your friend roster? 8D
-Why can't Nintendo splurge and make a system with more power that's just a wii bit bigger? Maybe OVER a foot in length?
-Why did you choose a Wii over other systems?
-Why did you choose other systems over the Wii?
-Does Nintendo sacrifice quality for innovation and widespread family popularity?
-Is Wii Music as disappointing to you as it is to me?
-Etc.

EDIT: *glances nervously at Arc's PokeNintendo thread next door* ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 am
Wii may not have the processing power of PS3 and XBOX360, but it shows exactly what Nintendo CAN do. The Wii is a great system to bring tons of friends together to just sit around and chill. It's the best party system out there.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 pm

I am an old ATG member =]

I love the wii
Its graphics are good enough
Realistic graphics just isn't in my interest in console games
Consoles = Multiplayer with friends
PC = Graphical s**t for single/multiplayer alone gameplay
I love the wii

Click here for the ATG Wiki!
Click here to PM Me regarding ATG.
I am not a Mod but I am a regular and will always answer if you ask =]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 pm
I heart My Nintendo Wii. I didn't want it because I wanted the best graphics, I wanted the gameplay. I have a PS2 for the times when I want to play traditional style games. But I've lost a ton of weight and gained a lot of muscle from my Wii Fit. whee And all I really want for Christmas is Wii Music. I saw some of the videos about using the advanced controls for that game and it looks awesome. Mario Galaxy is incredible as well. For me it was the perfect Mario game.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:08 pm
crying I didn't want to go on such a Wii-bashing spree.

I love mine as well. I'm not regretting the purchase at all. I guess I'm better at the gaming style provided by the Wii. And I too have my PS2 if I feel the need to revert for a while.

I want to get Wii fit.

I just wish I had friends. Lol. I made a metric butt ton of Miis. Even a Jesus Mii. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:48 pm
As gaming is a hobby for me and not just a party thing I need a system that will give me games for more serous gamers. The Wii has cast off the hardcore gamer is light of the casual one. I'm not a casual gamer and I like free internet access so I go with my ps3  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:53 pm
Although I don't own one of my own, I love the Nintendo Wii. biggrin Loooovvve.

I am not a gamer. I own a Gamecube, and I play it every few weeks for maybe an hour at a time. I just don't have the attention span to be a serious gamer. (Although, once I buy Animal Crossing, I don't think I will leave the house for a week. >.>)

The Wii is PERFECT for people like me, because you can just pick up and play and have a blast, even if you aren't a video game geek. Almost all of the parties I've been to in the last year have involved a Wii (or Guitar Hero, to be fair) at one point or another. xd Stuff like Wii Sports is excellent for large groups of people, even if most of the people have never played before. Mario Party is ideal for the Wii, too!

I <3 Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:06 pm
    I'm happy with just my DS and an old Super Nintendo, but if I did have a major console...I'd go for a Wii. It's great for group playing, and I like that a lot of the games aren't so high-end. They're simple and easy...and that's all I need. Like Taeryyn, I'm not a video game connoisseur, and I like that Wii doesn't need me to be. I don't feel overwhelmed. It's innovative, but still the old school gaming I'm used to... biggrin

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 pm
Wiis are great for people that don't play video games a ton. They are insanely fun to play with friends(Yay for laughing at your friends' failure in Wii Sports/Brawl/Mario Kart/etc~). However, I find a lot of the 3rd party games on the Wii to be rather gimmicky. A lot of developers haven't figured out the perfect way to utilize the motion sensing in my opinion and that takes off some points. But it's still a pretty good system to have and there are some really good gems(in terms of games) in there (Yes they're mostly games developed by Nintendo (Mario Galaxy anyone? =D) but still. They are damn fun).

I personally like the 360 better though. Mostly cuz of the wide range of games available (in terms of last-gen systems, the PS2 was my favorite for exactly the same reason); no matter what kind of gamer you are, you're bound to find something on the 360 shelf that you'll like. ^.^

Of course, this is only my opinion...

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff