Submit

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 pm
Meh, I suck at posting lately. Sorry, but I'll be returning to lurker status for a while. The book writing thing has me a bit busy...

Ok, I started this thread to discuss large projects we undertake and why we do it. Is it a labor of love? Is it to fulfill a dream or passion? Is it for work/school? I'm curious, ATG, what projects do you undertake, and why are you compelled to do undertake them?

Is anyone like me and undertaking a creative project? I have had many that wind up eventually being shoved to the back burner. I probably do this out of desire not to see them fail. Not this time, though. I can't decide if I'm really determined or if I really feel I have something that just *is* going to succeed...but I'm really going full steam on this. My goal is to have a full novel, first draft written by summer. The next goal will be to get it out to publishers by winter. From there it will be out of my hands, but my part of the project will actually be completed. Whether it will get published remains to be seen...but if it does happen, it will mean I'll be writing the rest of the series for the next few years! Yeah, BIG project. mrgreen

Anyone else have a project story/goal/dream to share? Oh, I really hope you do!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:43 pm
My biggest project right now is fitting back into my trench coat....
It's...really tough to motivate myself to get off my a** and move around but, I'm trying!  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

sahihen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:09 pm
Ouch that is a big project...... Whats the book about and how long do you plan on the series being?

My biggest project.... is trying to get my a** off the ground jump and then hit the ground running and start to get more into photography.... I don't think you would consider that a project though.
Its more of a goal or a plan for life. I guess a project would be trying to start a manga...
I dont draw to good and I like more abstract things. It really helps when I don't really do art all that much. I start things and never get them done....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:08 pm
Well university ended for my the 7 of November and I only had to go for theather for my plays the 11 and 19
right the only thing I have in mind is have fun this winter with all my friends  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:09 am
My biggest project is finding a job sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 am
Kyla_Ewens
My biggest project is finding a job sweatdrop

Yeah that is a huge project. Good luck with it.
What kind of job are you looking for?  

sahihen

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 pm
sahihen
Ouch that is a big project...... Whats the book about and how long do you plan on the series being?

It is a fantasyish series of novels. I took my manga project and decided to go back to writing it as a novel. As of right now the full series of novels is roughly 9-12 books. The full story has 3 series to it, but I may only decide to write the 1st out of the three series of books. I estimate 3-4 books per series, depending on how long it takes for me to tell the story.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:04 am
Passing my math exam, and getting a new, better job.
-O=O-
Less than a half a day left:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Less than two days left:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:33 am
My current project is starting my business. Computer Repair/Upgrading/Building. Not a lot of people are really looking for that currently though, because of the economy of the states, and here in Michigan especially. I've kinda branched off into web design for now. I'm practicing some of that for a bit. Overall, when I get my business off the ground ( Which I'm hoping is sometime in the next year or so ) It will be an all around Computer Services shop. I'll Build/Repair/Upgrade, and if people wish, teach people how to Build and Upgrade, AND how to safely use their computer so it doesn't need to be brought into a shop again for a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:35 pm
Best of luck to you, Pancake. That is awesome and sounds like you've got it planned out well. I think when the economy turns around you'll do really well!  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items