Reply Community Lounge
Letters to Santa Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:50 am
Hah... I don't feel quite stupid thinking that there might be some form of Santa existing -- whether it be an actual person or feeling or otherwise. And the actual letter postings are really nice (and Jimbo's was touching and funny at the same time).

I'd post my letter, that I would, but... it's something I'll keep for myself for now. I... don't think it was actually meant to be read...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:14 pm
Dear Santa,

I know for a fact you probably have a Gaia, and your probably always on watching who's being naughty or nice on Gaia and in the real world, so I know you'll probably read this.

I want everyone to get what they watn ,especially whoever it is who said they wanted a sniper rifle, because I want to help them. And everyone desreves soemthing, because no one is al lthe way good or all the way bed, therefore it's all good for now. So, everyone deserves seomthing.

As for me, I want someone to notice my school's Choruses and to give us record thingamejiggers. And...I think my cat wants to meet Amina and live with her. She's sitting on my lap listening to Amina and purring almost as loud as the music.

And Santa? I think you should get yourself something. It seems fair enough, given that you give us gifts every year. I think you're very nice for that. so...get yourself something nice. And your wife, she needs soemthing too. Give her lots of love, because without her you wouldn't want everyone else's cookies because she's such a bad cook. mrgreen

Good luck on your journey across the world!

sincerely,
VRM  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 pm
I remember trying so hard to keep Pandy believing in Santa for as long as possible. I've always thought Santa was this lovely part of childhood that you should make last for quite a while. It's sad to me how kids are growing up so quick and no longer believe in Santa for as long as they used to. I remember writing to Santa when I was a kid, and I remember not always getting what I asked because well... the truth of my life was that we weren't that well off so my parents couldn't afford it but I still believed. Hell my reasoning was always "Santa thought I'd like this better." I believe in what he represents though, the holiday spirit. I wish more people had that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:22 pm
Less than two days left!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Please help?

I had my suspicions for a while... but I waited until my mom said it aloud before I was positive... and I was eighteen when that happened. xd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm
I love Santa. He repsresents so much in our world. When I awas little I thought Santa was an Angel, and that he was the Angel of Giving. Actually, I believe he's the Saint of Giving, but I'm Baptist so I wouldn't know. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:28 pm
I don't remember who finally told me Santa wasn't real... I do remember with my sis it was a slip of the tongue, after which she said "yeah I knew" and I pouted for a week.

@Blu, he's not, he's not even a saint, just a christmas figure  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Erverain
I still teeter around the edges of believing/disbelieving in Santa. It's not that I don't think at one point in time there was a man named Kris Kringle who doled out gifts to local children, but a fat man on a sleigh propelled by magical reindeer is a bit much. Even if he did exist ion that sense, what sort of permit would he need to go through the world's air zones? And how would he cover so much area over the span of a 12-hour period? Logistically, it makes no sense. But then again, neither does the fact that bumblebees and helicopters can fly.
I'm more in the camp of believing in a metaphysical Santa, where he is a state of mind in people that is pulled out by generosity and good will, as opposed to a corporeal being.
...But then again, I still occasionally sit out for "elf-watch."
According to NORAD, who tracks Santa every year, Santa travels in a 24 hour period as it affects us, but to him it lasts days. He has his own time-space continuum.

Norad will start tracking Santa on Christmas Eve.
Track Santa

It's pretty interesting, you should all check it out on Christmas/ Christmas Eve.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Sanzoskitsune
I don't remember who finally told me Santa wasn't real... I do remember with my sis it was a slip of the tongue, after which she said "yeah I knew" and I pouted for a week.

Actually, Sanzo... the historical figure upon who the whole myth is based IS/WAS a saint: Saint Nicholas. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:01 pm
Sanzoskitsune

Kals is questing again!

Saint Nicholas

"Saint Nicholas Day is a festival for children in much of Europe related to surviving legends of the saint, and particularly his reputation as a bringer of gifts. The American Santa Claus, as well as the Anglo-Canadian and British Father Christmas, derive from these legends. "Santa Claus" is itself derived from the Dutch Sinterklaas."

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 pm
The Santa Claus in the red pajamas and big belly came from a Coca-Cola ad. Hope you all realize that.  

Kire Kaysan

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm
Coca Cola helped popularize and shape the image of the modern Santa, but they hardly created him. You can read all about it here. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 pm
You know I do believe we've all had this conversation before. aretoo gave that same link. This is very funny. xp  

Kire Kaysan

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:49 pm
Heh... I remembered the conversation, but not who with. biggrin And Snopes is generally a pretty reliable de-bunker (or affirmer, less often) of myths and urban legends. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm
Dear Sandy Claws,
For christmas..i want my two front teeth and Lelouch.
from,
me.  

ranka-san

Dapper Gawker

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:33 pm
Actually, Sanzo, he was a Saint. And in Czechoslavakia, he's considered a very important figure in the church. around Christmas they pray to him at Mass as thanks. In Norway, he's known as Sainto Nikolaus. in every country, there has been a Santa for, like, 500 yrs. Literally. Every country has a Santa Claus. I know because my entire grade in 6th did one huge project on it. Every single student had a different Country. I did Czechoslavakia, and it was easy for me because my mom has a friend named Petra who's from Prague. She's a model/actress, and sometimes when she speaks it's a bit hard to understand her.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff