View Results

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:28 pm
So. The new cash item has hit the shelves.
An egg filled with dreams and riches, tempting the wallets of the gambler and the rube. How high can you get it? How long will you risk it? Does your heart race at the thought, or do you feel less inclined to undertake such wagers?
Luck being a fickle mistress, we are often left wondering "was it worth it?"

Okay, enough with the fancy wording. The Fortune Egg, the newest cash grabber the developers have thrown at us, sounds like it might throw all sorts of shenanigans into the Marketplace. I am curious as to what exactly will spawn from these eggs, but not curious enough to spend real money on it. Your views?

Let us discuss luck, the items (one of which is a tank), and whether or not it's worth it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:39 pm
I bought one off the MP and lost a bunch of gold on it. gonk My advice, wait until we find out what all the items are that come out of the eggs. Then buy the item off the MP instead of the egg. Only the level 4&5 eggs drop the "best" items. So it's probably better to know what prize you're trying to get before you drop the gold on an egg. sweatdrop Wish I'd thought of that before I dropped the gold.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:55 pm
I got 3 eggs with cash and got 42K gold for it :3 and I only got to level 2 with the things so I think its a fair deal to pay cash  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:43 pm
I refuse to buy Gaia Cash for meself (just cuz Gaia should stop this money grubbing >.< Damn their greed...) and I don't have enough gold to buy them in the marketplace (I'm still recovering from my Dreamer's Dust impulse buy crying ). But even if I did have the means to buy them, I probably wouldn't just cuz my luck sucks sweatdrop The last time I bought one of those "Random Chance: You might get something good 8D" items it was the hat thing. And I got the omnomnom hat (which is cool and all but it doesn't work with my avi's hair gonk ). So yeah...[/babbleakauselesstext]

(Actually what I really wanted to say in here is that Erv's poll title reminds me of the Oogie Boogie song from The Nightmare Before Christmas whee )

invisible-weirdo

Phaeton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:00 am
I got one Oni set thing. It's nothing special, but since it's tiger skin undies I figured I'd go for another one... >.< It's a level 5 egg now and I'm scared to open it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:10 am
Phaeton
I got one Oni set thing. It's nothing special, but since it's tiger skin undies I figured I'd go for another one... >.< It's a level 5 egg now and I'm scared to open it.
Well i think level 5 is the highest so now all it can do is be opened XD

But yeah i can see where the moment of truth comes in ^^;  

Red Glacier

gem2star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 am
i don't gamble but i thought the idea of the egg was a brilliant idea. i was all excited to purchase one when i realised it had to be purchased with gaia cash , unfortunately for me i don't have any nd my credit card are maxxed!!!!!! It sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:03 am
Great idea, however, unless you're Gaia carding it, it's a horrible investment. Don't waste your Gaia gold. ;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

LishaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:38 am
eek sad scream gonk burning_eyes emo Ouch that must hurt xp cry mad exclaim neutral talk2hand dramallama wahmbulance  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games