Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron Chef?
  i love that show!
  >_> not a fan.
  hmm... it's alright.
  O_o never seen it/heard of it/don't care
  ...how about i show my little iron chef? ;D rrrow.
View Results

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:13 pm
hey everyone, so i was wondering some things.

- do you any of you watch cooking shows, and more specifically: Iron Chef?
- do you like the older (original) version of the show, or the new one, better?
- do you have a favourite iron chef? why?
- does anyone else but me find the chairman's acting hilarious at times?
- anything to do with iron chef/extreme cooking shows. biggrin

there's something about the chairman's 'over the top' persona that cracks me up sometimes. lol really, he's freakin' HIlarious.
and this show is exciting! like... cooking shows can sometimes be pretty boring, or full of crackpot-really rude head chefs... neutral BUT! this one's pretty fun to watch. the intensity of the pressure to cook with that mystery ingrediant in the amount of time provided, the quirks of the chefs that shows in how the prepare the food... it's so much fun to watch ^^

personally, i LOVE watching Mario Battali and Masaharu Morimoto (ehh.. if that's mis-spelt, please let me know o.o). the dishes they make are always so playful ^^ lots of testing and seeing what works.
also... the host guy (completely forget his name ATM gonk ) ...he's pretty funny in a geeky way. xD

DISCUSS!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 am
Iron Chef is such a fun show to watch.

I love the voice overs, how they'll cover everything right down to the littles clearing of the throat even. The judges are always amusing: "Mmmm! It reminds me of spring!" And I must agree, the Chairman is hilarious.

Not to mention that they aren't afraid to turn absolutely anything into icecream.

The American attempt at their own Iron Chef show was fail.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:32 am
Iron Chef ( The Original ) is one of my favorite shows of all time. My favorite Iron Chef's are Sakai, Morimoto, Michiba, and Nakamura ( As you can tell, I liked the Iron Chef Japanese chefs a lot )

I always enjoyed watching that show, because it really shows what talented chef's are capable of doing, no matter how little time, and no matter what ingredient they have to use.

Personally, I'd love to be able to cook things like that, but it's a lot of hard word and dedication, two things that I can't spare as it all goes to computers for me... Oh well, I can still cook up some mean Ramen Noodles =3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:24 am
I love the original! I didn't have cable at the time, so any time I got to see the show I was super excited. whee I loved how dramatic it was, and how fast they could make dishes that made my mouth water.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 pm
Iron Chef was MADE of awesome. It was just fun to see the franticness of it all. They actually made some dishes I really wanted to try throughout the making of the show. But then I'm kind of a weirdo about eating just about anything xd

The only redeeming quality to the American version was Alton Brown... and that's cause Alton Brown is made of awesome and win.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 pm
    gonk

My friend enjoys freaking me out that Chairman Kaga played Light's dad in the Death Note movies.... I found it difficult to recognize him without the bellpepper.

I've never watched Iron Chef America, but I used to occasionally catch the original.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 pm
Do they even play the original, anymore? I've tried watching the American one a couple of times, but it's just not as good...

@Waku — I would say that you don't bother with IC:A (Look! I made an acronym!).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 pm
    I do stay away from IC:A.... Mainly out of my distaste for Bobby Flay. That guy's kind of an asshat.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 pm
He can be, but I saw him on Rachel Ray's show (I don't know why I was watching it, I hate that woman) and he was pretty chill on there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:56 pm
    Next to Rachel Ray, how can anyone look bad by comparison? xp

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now, how to do it without the other person being Adolf Hitler...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:04 pm

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 pm
lol

@Moo - I was going to put my honest opinion in the poll ..until I read that last option...heh very nice xp

I'm indifferent to just about all cooking shows. Well, either that or I hate them. Rachel Ray, Bobby...and that Paula woman...just..uggh. No thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:03 am
heart Think I Am Sexy? heart

I loved the original Iron Chef so much, especially when they did the Chocolate episode. That show was the best. However I stopped watching after they did the US/Japanese face off and Bobby Flay won. I was so angry! His food looked like crap, had I been a judge I wouldn't have eaten it.

Than he had the nerve to stand on the counters, on his cutting board and knife! Gross! That whole episode showed why everyone thinks Americans are loud, pushy and rude. They were asked to come over but than once they got here were expected to do other shows for the food network too. One of them had to try and cook with what little a woman had in her fridge.....
Than the kitchen we set up was thrown up so fast that Bobby Flay kept getting shocked due to bad wiring and water that spilled on the floor (that was just funny).

Honestly I think the whole judging was rigid, to help lead into the US Iron Chef, another reason I don't watch anymore. *sighs*

Ladi Quiz - heart - Ladi Johari - heart - Ladi Nohari

LadiSilverfox

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces