Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An abnormal love of cats
severe constipation URGENT! please help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you had a constipated kitty?
  yes
  yeah often
  no
  IDK/ I don't remember
View Results

Susanna Kaysen

5,500 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:24 am
My cat is severely constipated. My dad hasn't been giving her enough water and fed her cheese. Since my mom is on top of things and making sure everyone is taken care of i don't worry about those things often, after all I'm 18 and my cat is 21 so she's more like my big sister since they had her before i was born.

Last time this happened, about ~3 years ago, I called my local animal hospital and asked if i could feed her this mango frozen treat. (really I asked "can cats eat mangoes?") and they said yes so i gave her some of that which she very much enjoyed and kept her hydrated and things worked out. But this time i don't have any of that and its a little late for drinking water and waiting it out. I'm sorry i got so busy with Halloween and my 1st time voting I've been ignoring her redface crying

What can I give her to eat to help her along that is SAFE?! I have yogurt but my parents say she'll puke it up rolleyes .

Please help!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 am
Canned pumpkin is supposedly helpful. You might also try things like milk, liver or oil that normally causes soft stools. Feed wet food instead of dry to help with hydration.

If he's been constipated more than a day or so and is straining you really should call the vet. If she's stopped eating because of this don't wait - talk to your vet immediately.  

Anlina
Captain

NightWolvesCry

Friendly Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm
well I would take her to the vet. They can easily give her an enema to help her go.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:43 am
I've used fish oils in the past for my cats.  

Temily_Emily
Crew

Star Consumer

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Felinady

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:31 am
I would advise a vet check up to be safe - one of my cats seemed to be constipated and it turned out to be something life threatening - he is great now though!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:57 pm
I agree with the others - take her to the vet just to be safe!  

Venuslady

An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff