Reply Everything Death Note
Light may have never used the Death Note

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira Skellington

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:09 am
Now I am admittedly too lazy to go back and check the specific episode , but I believe it to be episode 1.

In episode 1 Light Yagami tests the Death Note by killing the first criminal he happened to see on TV. Light becomes scared, but he tests it on a second criminal to see if it was truly a coincidence.

Here is where things get interesting. If you have a good memory you may have noticed that he wrote the mans name in 13 possible spellings.

1. If a Death Note owner accidentally misspells a name four times, that person will be free from being killed by the Death Note. However, if they intentionally misspell the name four times, the Death Note owner will die.

That is one of the few rules introduced later in the series. Now factoring in this rule Light must have spelled it correctly within the first four of those thirteen spellings.

The creator of Death Note described Light's life as "ruined" by the Death Note. Now think of what would have happened had Light not gotten the correct spelling within the first four attempts. He may have very well thrown out the Note, thinking of the first kill as pure coincidence.

His life would not have been ruined. It is pretty cool when you think about it. The odds are very bad that he would have gotten the correct spelling within the first four try's. Light Yagami was doomed to failure the second he got that slim chance.

Anyway this is just something interesting to think about. Share your thoughts and whatnot if you want to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:27 pm
You have a point there. I bet those people who were killed wish that he hadn't gotten it right the first four times. XD
I guess luck's on Light's side. Only reasonable explanation that comes to mind. He may be able to read minds, but I don't think that's quite possible.  

Count Chocolat

BlackBleedingRoses539

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:58 am
I noticed that, too. And when you think about it, Light may not have gotten it right within the first 4 attempts and it could have merely been coincidence. The driver was not paying attention to anything but the girl when he got hit, so iot could have been inevitable anyway. even if Light did spell his name right in the first four attempts, I would have still had my doubts about the validity of the Note simply because of the way the motorcyclist was acting before he got hit if I were him, regardless of whether I knew the rule or not. That would probably mean, however, that i would have tested it out a few more times, inevitably proving the Death Note to be real, and Light would have wound up the way he is anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:03 pm
The odds weren't that bad that Light would get the name right in the first four tries. The name, as I believe it to be, Takuo Shibuimaru isn't a very hard name to sound out in Japanese. The odds were, in fact, quite good that Light would get the name right on the first try, which I believe he did.  

Kon Tatsumaki

Russian Hooker

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:05 pm
what?  
Everything Death Note

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items