Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Help/Resources
Guild (not this one) problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We've...got...a brand-new dance, its called...
  we've got to overcome.
  we've got to grab a bong.
  we've got a homo's schlong.
  we'd like some fried rice, Wong.
  watch out for Donkey Kong.
  the only way is w'ong.
  is this, like, from a song?
  The Charleston.
View Results

crono04

6,250 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:29 pm
This will sound like i'm joking, but i'm not.

How do i go about telling the owner of a guild i'm in that i now realize the guild is home to fanatical fruitcakes, that there's nothing for me there but nit-picking, only-a-stalker-would-know trivia that i'd rather not know lest i become one of them and that i want out worse than a person with good taste wants out of a theater showing an Ashton Kutcher movie marathon without sounding like a jerk?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 pm
"Wandering around at midnight, ickle Firsties?

Can't you just quit the guild?

Tut, tut, tut. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty."User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

StardustPaste

crono04

6,250 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:44 am
If i could, i wouldn't have made this thread. The problem is that i know the owner from other sites and he has some level of control over them, so telling him he's a whack job would mess me up on those sites. And from his fanatical devotion to the subject of the guild's obsession, just quitting normally might be the same thing to him as calling him a loon.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:27 pm
Or else you can stay in it but just don't post?

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

crono04

6,250 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:06 am
Thats probably what i'll do. By the time he PMs me and asks what the hold-up on my participation in this week's Luau/non-fan sacrifice, the other sites will hold no interest to me and i can just say 'take your obsession and pawn it off on someone else. You know, you just like a Snickers bar.' He'll say 'a Snickers bar, Fat Albert?' and i'll say 'yeah, b***h, a Snickers bar! Nutty and bad for me.' Then i'll stroll away, smiling until i realize he called me fat. Then i'll yell 'WHOAREYOUCALLINGSOFATHEPLAYHOPSCOTCHLIKE'NEWYORKL.A.CHICAGOHAWAII'!?!?!' And he'll laugh his little laugh. You know the one. 'TEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEEEE!!!'

That weaselly little ********.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:19 am
Problem solved, nobody reading this. I told them my spine was shattered and my soul was killing some kind of 'bad guy force' they made up.

Let me give you non-readers of this thread a little tip. Don't read any manga in a marathon session, because you are more susceptible to joining any guild about it before realizing that the founder and some members are ******** insane about it. For reals, try to look at the "Her Kawaiiness Secret Service" guild and tell me the guy who made it isn't out of his goddamn mind about....lemme tell you what the point of this guild is. Wait until you read this.

The mission of the HKSS is to protect Maehara Shinobu, a fictional character from a manga/anime called Love Hina, from a group of bad guys who want to rape her or kill her or something. They exist to battle an enemy that they created! But what do they actually do? Well, they make pictures talk about themselves and make pictures of Shinobu thank themselves. Its exactly as goofy and lame as it sounds.

And, yeah, i joined them. I joined them under the assumption they were more varied and less insane.  

crono04

6,250 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
Help/Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items