Submit

Ravenmichiru

Rainbow Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm
Around 4:30am my boss walks into the DC and says "You aren't planning on leaving anytime soon, are you?"
"No. . . . why?"
"A little orange kitten ran under your car and into your wheel well."

I dropped what I was doing (which was making a sign board) and ran outside. I searched under my car for probably 10 minutes. Nothing. So I just assumed it ran off when we weren't looking. My boss suggested I open my hood. Well, ok. . . . there under my hood was this little orange head. After trying to grab the poor thing, it jumped out and ran off. I took off after it and caught up with it as it was trying to scale stairs far too big for it. I grabbed it, picked it up, had it claw me and take a nice bite out of my finger and took it back to the DC. After holding the poor shaking kitten for about twenty minutes it began to purr.

Our fears of the kitten being feral were gone. Now. . . . what do I do with it? Let it go? Roam back in downtown again to possible run under someone else's car or get hit? I couldn't. I started sobbing at the very thought of it. I put it in my car and drove home. I woke my girlfriend up and asked her what to do. We figured, if nothing else, bring it in a feed it.

So out to the car we go. . . where is the kitten? Somewhere in my car for sure, but where? We found it hiding in my middle console behind my CD player. That took us about an hour to get it out of there. Afterward we put it in a cat carrier, gave it some food and it was happy. No more hissing, clawing, or biting. Only purring.

Here's a picture of the poor little kitten. We can feel every bone in it's body due to lack of food. It's obviously been outside for a while and is just happy to be warm and safe. (The two dishes in there are sauce dishes BTW)

User Image

After coming from the vet, we found he is underfed, a little dirty, has a broken canine, and had his eye punctured at one point when he was much younger, but just fine. Given his background I want to come up with a good name for him. Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:07 am
He's very cute. Looks like he'll pull through with some love. I have a few saved from my name database. I collect names and meanings. Have a lot more if you need them. ^^

ISAMU
Usage: Japanese
Means "courage, bravery" in Japanese

SINDRI
Usage: Norse Mythology, Icelandic
Possibly means either "small" or else "sparkling" in Old Norse. In Norse legend this was the name of a dwarf who, with his brother Brokk, made many magical items for the gods.

BRIAR
Usage: English (Rare)
Pronounced: BRY-ər [key]
From the English word for the thorny plant.
"Within the cage of brier thorns sat a rose with the most delicate petals, safe and protected from the storm."  

Lyca_Watyre

Enduring UFO

23,575 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Beta Explorer 0

Artemis921

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:10 pm
aww, you saved a kittens life 3nodding heart
my cats were found in the shed behind our house when they were kittens. now my cat is 10 years old and quite fluffy
sadly i only have one now becasue she was specifically mine so my parents didnt make me give her up when we moved.
my stepmoms cat is with my friend and she is very happy, i get to visit her once a year.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:13 pm
Very cute!

Heh, you can name him Oliver...ya know from Oliver's Twist and Disney's Oliver and Company.  

Miss-Shade

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:48 pm
Aw, so cute!!!

Miss-Shade is right: He looks like an Oliver to me.

I have 3 street rescues, 1 barn rescue (from a feral pack; she really is a wild one), 1 purebred papered cat rescued by a volunteer group from Death Row at the pound and 1 bought from a pet store that was closed down by the health dept, so I feel like he was rescued, too!

It's really a beautiful thing you did, but as you can see, I'm kinda biased. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 pm
Just to let everyone know, we named him Kismet which means luck or karma.

He is doing well, although all noises still scare him and he won't come out to see us directly yet. If we catch him at some point he purrs like mad and will hang around you, but is scared of everything else.

Wish him the best of luck.  

Ravenmichiru

Rainbow Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Lily-Anne-Marie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:53 pm
Oh he's adorable! ^_^ that's great that you were able to rescue him.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:31 pm
Just another update. Kismet is doing amazingly well. He loves the other two cats and just adores living in our house. I'm glad he's so incredibly happy.  

Ravenmichiru

Rainbow Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ravenmichiru

Rainbow Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:40 pm
Just another update. Kismet is doing amazingly well. He loves the other two cats and just adores living in our house. I'm glad he's so incredibly happy.  
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games