Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:14 pm
Well, I'm just gonna quote smashboards on this one:

M3D

After a full spring and summer of competition, the SBR felt as though it was time to take the first stab at a tier list for Brawl. Before I post it, let me remind you all of a few important things:

1. Tier placement doesn't necessarily reflect your ability to beat your friends with a specific character. You might beat your friend's Metaknight with Sonic, but that doesn't mean Sonic is top tier. It means you win that matchup against your friend. Tiers are not absolute measurements of match outcomes.

2. Instead of measuring match outcomes, tiers are more a measurement of potential of characters against the rest of the cast in a competitive, 1v1 tournament environment. It shows general strength of a character's abilities in a specific tournament environment. So yes, maybe Yoshi is a beast in teams or Ganon is REALLY good with items turned on... but this list measures somethingd different than those things.

3. This list is based on a combination of tournament result data, extensive discussions with top players and tournament hosts and looking at general trends in play in the current competitive metagame. It took a lot of work on the part of some of the best minds in Smash to compile this list.

4. This list might change with time. It is based on how we perceive the game to be and play it competitively NOW. However, if a replacement for l-canceling is discovered or new tactics cause the game to evolve over time, this list could change. So if you main a character that isn't near the top, keep playing and evolving their game. You might be the one, like Chu Dat's Ice Climbers back in Melee, that cause people's opinions to change.

5. That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level.

6. In Smash, any character can win in any matchup if you are smarter and better than your opponents by a wide enough margin. So keep playing to win and work hard to be the best player you can be, regardless of which character you use.

And without further ado, I present to you the official SBR Brawl Tier List (v1.0):

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 pm
ness can't be at the bottom.. he is pwnage  

NkGuy

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 pm
Kakashi-the best ninga
ness can't be at the bottom.. he is pwnage

He's not that great, but if it weren't for the infinite grab release on him, he'd be a bit higher.
I'm more surprised with Mario, Zelda, and Yoshi's placement. I can pretty much understand everything else.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:51 pm
Good thing I don't play as Ganondorf in Brawl anymore. I'd be uber sad. sad

That's why I play Snake. ^_^ (played as him before this tier list)  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:29 pm
Einherjar O D I N

Well, the way I see it is that a tier list will never effect how well you play as any character, so why be sad if your main is low?

I actually still use Ganondorf a little bit. Lately I've been using a lot of Fox (who I think is a bit low).  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:07 pm
i thought toon link would be higher. and im pissed that Pit is so high... i despise him, he is sooooooooooooooooooo cheap. his moves are meant for spamming! oh well that doesn't mean everyones cheap with him  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:07 pm
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
Einherjar O D I N

Well, the way I see it is that a tier list will never effect how well you play as any character, so why be sad if your main is low?

I actually still use Ganondorf a little bit. Lately I've been using a lot of Fox (who I think is a bit low).

I just accepted the fact that without L-canceling/some sort of wavedashing/landing equivalent, Brawl Ganondorf sucks. I like to play as him once in a while, but he's just not as good. sad

And Lolz to Falcon being on the bottom. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:43 pm
Einherjar O D I N
A Pharmaceutical Bandit
Einherjar O D I N

I just accepted the fact that without L-canceling/some sort of wavedashing/landing equivalent, Brawl Ganondorf sucks. I like to play as him once in a while, but he's just not as good. sad

And Lolz to Falcon being on the bottom. XD

Eh, at least you can auto cancel his dair.

And yeah... Falcon is terrible.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

J-PiPe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:23 pm
Of course the two most popular characters from Melee for tornament play are still back on top, or close to it anyway, Marth and Falco. Since I play 3xD, Wario, Ike and Falco, I think I'm set. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm
YAy M3D. <33

Hes are atlantic South MOD and ar NC MOD. <33

Anyways I love my characters placing.

Jiggs and Sonic. <333

I actually beat a MK with my Jiggs. <333

and it was Karn. <33

I need to play Bill.

(( Bill-Echo or NC-Echo ))

Anyways its a good list but I like Chillins better  

Run The Jewels

Super Smash Bros. Guild