So, let me tell you about a dream that I had

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:39 am
I hardly ever dream, so this was a nice little surprise considering that this could be the basis for a future story I write:

The dream involved an unnamed fantasy world seemingly populated entirely by humans. It started with an evil king/dark lord character whose army had been beaten back by the forces of good.

His three surviving generals, a black knight, a barbarian and a shape shifter, were being berated for their failure on the battlefield and the decimation of the army. Having formed a pact, thinking this would happen, the three generals slay the overlord right there on his throne before embarking on a campaign against the world that defeated them. They take what’s left of the army and set off to try and find any other generals who had yet to die.

This started with what seemed like a kingdom built into a hillside at the edge of the sea. There was a lower, middle and highest layer. The highest section is where the king/mayor/governor lived. Sneaking in by boat under the cover of night, the three generals take a small part of the army and neutralize the defenses before attacking the town. They attacked here first because they knew that this is where one of their comrades was being held. The black knight slaughters his way through the garrison of the town defenders until he reaches the prison cells until he finds and masked assassin woman, one of the surviving generals, who was awaiting her execution.

The dream then shifted focus to follow the assassin woman as she stalked off to the second town up the hill to silently dispatch the watchmen and disable the alerts so that the army may advance unnoticed when ready. This involved taking out several giant bells and the men who ring them in case of emergency. She does so quickly, quietly and ruthlessly and the dream ended with her watching from the walls of the second town as daylight broke and the army climbed the hill towards her.

------

So yeah, that was it. I wish there was more too it, because it was pretty interesting. I really might do a story based around this but change up some characters, fill in holes and the like.

Discuss:

1. Dreams and what this one in particular might mean (I think it's ultimately a "Headhunter has a problem with authority that he deems incompotent" thing. But that's a rant for another time. I say this because the Black Knight seemed to be the one largely responsible for coming up with the plan to overthrow the dark lord and up until freeing the assassin it followed his POV)

2. How Headhunter shouldn't eat large meals and play video games before going to bed because that leads to dreams like this.

3. Taking on more work (in this case, another potential story) when there still stuff yet to be finished. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:27 am
Well, to address number 3: I'm a writer, and I'm frequently starting new projects before others are finished. It can be counterproductive if leads to the abandonment of other projects. However, this is how I do a lot of things. I read books the same way. There are usually at least five to ten books that I'm currently reading, almost always including at least one of the following: a novel, a graphic novel, a non-fiction book, and a short story collection. I do this partly because I read according to mood. It works similarly for me when it comes to writing, or drawing, or building or *ahem* cleaning. I work on whatever I feel like working on. As long as there aren't too many projects going at once, I find that this is actually an aide to production. Rather than having stretches of time when I don't feel like working, I have stretches of time in which I don't feel like working on one project, but I do feel like working on another.

It sounds slightly immature, but I see it as efficiency.

I also have gotten many ideas from dreams.  

Sheboygan Milad

Ybrik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:14 pm
The dream definitely seemed to have some very symbolic references in it. What particularly caught my attention was the kingdom with three levels which could maybe signify class or wealth status not to mention the number three itself which generally has meaning. I'm not a dream analyzer and won't pretend to be, but it is interesting to remember such vibrant details of your dreams (at least to me because I normally can't remember mine long after the dream.) especially if you said you don't normally even have dreams Headhunter. If nothing else, definitely a cool basis, but like you said, lots of food and video games give Jack some wicked dreams! biggrin  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games