Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
Items: Important to the Brawl or just plain Cheap?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Items, do you like or hate?
  Items are the best things since the NES!
  Items are cheap, CHEAP!!!
View Results

Lucario1234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:05 pm
Everyone debates about a major factor in fighting: items. Everyone has different opinion about items. Some say they are important to the Smash matches, those are the people who tend to either rely on items or use items occasionally yet masterfully. Others tend to think items are plain cheap, that nobody should use them. I'm here to say both sides of the story:

"Items are good":

It takes a true Brawler to know exactly how to deal with items and how to use them to their full potential. You think they really make part of the Smash Bros. Series what it is. It's a blast whenever you collect that Smash Ball, Dragoon, or Assist Trophy/Pokeball that has a helpful result, Legit Golden Hammer, or whatever else. Attacking and getting sent away by hitting a bomb that seemingly comes out of nowhere is part of the chaos, and can change any match. You're the kind of player that thinks learning how to interact with every item effectively really pays off, and wish more items could appear in Brawls.

"Items are bad":

Items are really cheap and should be 100% banned from all tourneys that ever existed and ever will exist. It proves that you're the better player if you can beat someone without any items. They can be too simple to use, yet too hard to counter sometimes. Fans are cheap, Spicy Curries are annoying, Metal Boxes can make you fall easier, the list goes on. And what about when those bombs come out of nowhere?! They ruin everything by killing you when your opponent should be dead! It's pure retardedness! Moves, tactics, and dodging is the only thing you need to learn. Going without items is the way to show you're better and not cheap!

Now it's your tun to decide. Are items important and needed in order to keep a match healthy? Or do people need to learn how to be more direct and go old fashionly? YOU DECIDE!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:19 pm
they are part of the game it is a brawl! anything goes even if they are stupid and unoing I hate that freaking dog stressed  

HamsterBlaster

2,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

J-PiPe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:11 pm
tornaments, no
friendlies, yes  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 pm
J-PiPe
tornaments, no
friendlies, yes

my thoughts exactly
3nodding  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Man Sheck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:32 am
They are part of what makes the game fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:31 pm
I prefer to play without them. I just enjoy the game more that way.  

xGiselle

DarkForgoten
Fallen Angel

Beloved Rogue

26,165 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:34 am
I think Items are good or bad depending the item. Ex: hammers i just plain cheep (even though they are so much fun to use!) but Poké-balls are just ok (since it's random the selection and sometimes the pokémon are renderd useless.)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:48 pm
Items have no place in competitive play.

It's fine in casual play.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:26 pm
I'd say I like items because they add to the fun chaos that is Smash Bros. HOWEVER, when people spam items and do nothing but attack you with them in some form, I feel that that's cheap.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 pm
Items are unpredictable and make the game more based on luck.

I know there is such thing as being able to use items properly, but noobs can still spam items and when such items come such as the Smash Ball, it's over.  

BeezyBalla

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff