Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Help/Resources
I need some help pricing art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think you can help me out?
  Yes, I think...
  No, sorry. But good luck!
  Maybe you shouldn't sell art... <.<
View Results

BadLuckShuichi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 pm
As of late, I've received a few requests from people wanting to purchase avatar art from me. Of course I find this very flattering. I've been toying with the idea of selling art for a while now, but my dilemma is that I have no idea how to price my art. I don't know what is a fair price.

I'm including two links; one to my main photobucket album which contains Gaia-based art, and one to the album which contains drawings I have colored (which is a smaller album since, I feel, I am not very good at coloring).

Help determining pricing would be greatly appreciated.

Main album
colored drawings  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:42 pm
    I really like this one:

User Image

I'd pay 5k for something like that.

de.Lici.ous
Crew

somnium yum

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:22 pm
Maybe 5 or 6k for black and white and maybe like 8 for colored (maybe more)

Just guessing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:55 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dead Flower FreebiesUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[-I'd say keep it around 5k for everything. What you have to judge is the time and effort that goes into the art, and people will pay. However don't go into extremes. I'd suggest breaking it up into sections ie: sketch headshot, 1k. sketch waist up, 3k, sketch full body, 5k, and then for the colored... I'm not very good at digital coloring either, maybe just like +500 for color?

EDIT: add around 500 to 1000 for each price I listed, because I just got a better look at some of your sketches, and you do have a knack for poses. They just all look funky small >.<-]

Mochumo

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Help/Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items