18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
No real opinion on the matter
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

Shinigami.Misdreavus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:07 pm
Manga guys are perfect, and part of the stereotype of perfection is tallishness.

I think.

Anyway, in Tsubasa the heights seem to be a little more normal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:46 pm
I've only noticed that in Rayearth, really. Oh, and in Chobits.

But since Chobits is very guy friendly/targetged, well, guys like to be taller than girls and don't want to read manga where the protagonist they want to identify with is short.

And similarly, Rayearth is very shoujo, and since girls want to pretend/identify with the main females, of course they'd be short.

But in other CLAMP manga.

Like, Yuuko is pretty tall (or tall looking)

In TB...Hokuto is as tall as her brother, and taller than some of the other female characters.

In CCS, it could just be that they're all at such a young age, but the girls and boys are of fairly equal height.

In Tsubasa, EVERYONE is tall and lanky XD It's just the sylistic art. Like, I think Kurogane and Fai tower over everyone because they're exceptionally tall characters XD

It could just be CLAMPish art making characters appear taller than they really are.

Hmm. Oh, has any one else ever noticed that in every CLAMP manga there's a tall, dark (most likely black) haired guy who's always either a little gruff or a little badass?

I mean....I could prolly find a character like this for every manga. Legal Drug even has two or three! XD

What are your thoughts?

(Elfie dearest, where ever did you find out that tidbit? XD)  

blackwhiteandsilver

Kaname Kyoto

Handsome Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:16 am
Aerine Lillet
I've only noticed that in Rayearth, really. Oh, and in Chobits.

But since Chobits is very guy friendly/targetged, well, guys like to be taller than girls and don't want to read manga where the protagonist they want to identify with is short.

And similarly, Rayearth is very shoujo, and since girls want to pretend/identify with the main females, of course they'd be short.

But in other CLAMP manga.

Like, Yuuko is pretty tall (or tall looking)

In TB...Hokuto is as tall as her brother, and taller than some of the other female characters.

In CCS, it could just be that they're all at such a young age, but the girls and boys are of fairly equal height.

In Tsubasa, EVERYONE is tall and lanky XD It's just the sylistic art. Like, I think Kurogane and Fai tower over everyone because they're exceptionally tall characters XD

It could just be CLAMPish art making characters appear taller than they really are.

Hmm. Oh, has any one else ever noticed that in every CLAMP manga there's a tall, dark (most likely black) haired guy who's always either a little gruff or a little badass?

I mean....I could prolly find a character like this for every manga. Legal Drug even has two or three! XD

What are your thoughts?

(Elfie dearest, where ever did you find out that tidbit? XD)

YAY! I'm not the only one who noticed! whee I think they make them like that because most of their fans probably like the tall, dark, and handsome type.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:14 pm
Toru the Angel
Never really cared to notice it. Long as the Manga's okay, I don't care how damned tall the characters are. XP

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

3nodding

SukieMie

Kaname Kyoto

Handsome Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:26 pm
SukieMie
Toru the Angel
Never really cared to notice it. Long as the Manga's okay, I don't care how damned tall the characters are. XP

3nodding

3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:43 pm
i know, i noticed that too. they are like inhuman. they would be at least 200cm in real life about 6"8 or something (not sure) that would make them tall giants xd the guys' heads are pretty small too, and they have wide shoulders xp  

dirphenomenon

Ciceros_Cupcake_Republic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 am
yeah, I've noticed that too...and everone in the newer series like XXXHolic is even more abnormally tall.

I think Yuko from XXXHolic is the only girl that's taller than most guys.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:11 pm
Yuuko is taller than Watanuki.  

Shizuka Doumeki-San

otakugirl14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:43 pm
Does anyone else think Kurogane is just unreasonably tall?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:18 pm
I can see it being symbolic in some cases... Weak little girls are short to show their frailty and all. Syaoran and Sakura could be close in height to show the closeness of their relationship. ^_^

Of course, there's as much exception to this theory as support. -.-  

Ravenwolf

Friendly Werewolf

Character Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out