Yay for Facebook!
  Meh, what's the fuss about?
  Did someone mention cookies?
  Boobies! :D
View Results

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:23 am
Hello all! I'm bouncing off the walls at the moment - overly happy with excitement (and the consumption of too much sugar and caffiene in a 24 hour period).
Cutting a really long story short - I'm adopted and my biological mother contacted me about 6 years ago. For 3 years, we were in contact - I met her, my younger brother and sister and my grandmother. Unfortunately, my mother suffers from a mental disorder, so things didn't work out between us. We tried for 3 years, but it was too much for both of us. So I've not seen her - or the rest of my family for 3 years.

The good news? My brother and sister recently added me to their "friends" on Facebook! I thought they'd be angry at me for not staying in touch with our mother (and therefore, them). But they're not! In fact, my sister says that she really misses me!

YAY for Facebook!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:40 am
That's awesome news! Sorry things didn't work out with your mom, but now you can look forward to getting to know your siblings. Goodluck!  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:47 am
That is incredible news!!! I'm so so so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 pm
AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA thats SO great!! Its nice to hear happy storys!!  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Laveuse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:17 pm
That is wonderful news!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:15 pm
Yay! That is very exciting! xd  

kekadu
Crew

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:49 pm
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! i'm so happy for you Sablara!!!! nothing like making great connections with your long lost family members!
after all is said and done, facebook helps a lot of us with far away friends and family, it's awesome!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:36 pm
That makes me really happy to hear.  

Noirkaze

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:54 pm
heart Sweet!

I love that I can virtually poke my little brother via facebook (he's across the country for school).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 pm
That is so beyond awesome biggrin I'm so happy for you!  

chibihotachan

Lisetta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:01 am
That is so wonderful! Hope your relationship with your siblings continues to develop. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:42 am
that sound good.
my cousins life far away from me ,too. and my mom doesn´t talk to uncle, caue they had some problems with each other, but i still mail with my cousin.  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sheboygan Milad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:08 pm
That is awesome. I don't even know you, but I'm happy for you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:08 pm
That's so cool! I have become closer friends with cousins, cousins' kids, and even reunited with friends I had back in ELEMENTARY school (I am 29) on Facebook but that can't beat a biological sibling. HOW AWESOME!  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items