Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Should children be allowed to believe in Santa Claus? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should children be allowed to believe in Santa Claus?
  Totally, let them keep their innocence
  No way, I don't like lying to innocent children
  Who cares?
View Results

coolbruno10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:14 am
ok... i think they should not lie BUT when i was smaller i remeber that i knew that santa claws dint exsist but still my mum would say that santa claws is coming and she knew that i knew that he dint exsist so if the kid already knows that he does not exsist i dont think its a probelm if they say SANTA CLAWS IS COMING DO YOU AGREE?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:21 am
Santa just leads to awkward situations... razz
User Image

I'm still kind of undecided on Santa. Sometimes I'm against it and sometimes I think "why not?" but for the most part I don't really care. Besides, my cousins little boy was so cute at last years Christmas party when "Santa" got him to take the presents around to everyone.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Omochii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:39 am
LOL@Terra's picture. xd

Hopefully, if your kid has a sense of humour when they grow up, they'll be able to look back on their childhood experiences of St. Nick and be able to laugh at it all. 3nodding

Besides, my mum and dad never told me about Santa. I heard from the kids at school, and it was actually me that was sitting in the living room at 11:59AM on Christmas Eve, telling my parents that Santa did exist and he'd be here at any moment now. sweatdrop

He's everywhere anyway. There'd probably be no way to keep your kids from knowing about Santa, so unless you told them he didn't exist and crushed any fantasy they'd be having otherwise, thus spurring them to tell all the kids at school so that they'd run home crying to their parents as well... biggrin

Ah, the vicious cycle of childhood. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:28 am
parents think giving and takeing away a belief builds character im fine with Santa Claus, but what i do not condone is saying Jesus was born on christmas but...he wasn't Christmas is a cover up for the Pagan holiday Christmas where roman men would drink rape gourge and have gay sex Jesus was born in the spring days if he was born in winter Mary would have had a miscarriage because they were in a barn...just for the info im Shintist/Buddhist not christian but dont worry im not sacreligeos  

Hells_David

coloradan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 am
Children look forward to the arrival of Santa Claus on Christmas morning, the bringing of presents and all the rest. I'm sure that most people who celebrate have fond and exciting memories of Santa even though we already realised he didn't physically exist, he is the personification of what Christmas is all about. People argue that introducing young kids to good old Santa is lying, but isn't society just being paranoid? let the kids be free, they won't be traumatised- we are all happy and sane are we not? . It also implies we should be wholly truthful with children- does that extend to other holidays such as the easter bunny and issues such as sex?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 am
Speaking of fictional should adults be allowed to prance around believing in "God/Gods" ?

-Waits for like 80% of the people to come and kill him-  

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

tubagirl 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:27 pm
pickle relish
Heh. My parents still give me presents from "Santa." xD
I think its quite fine to believe in Santa. As my mom told me when I asked her about Santa, he's really more of a feeling, not a person. A feeling of love, and wanting to give to others.
And it doesn't hurt to have it taken away. It didn't bother me that Santa wasn't real. I figured out on my own that he wasn't real. Same with the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.
I mean, do you ever hear of anybody going off and being a serial killer because they found out that Santa wasn't real?
And Santa isn't the only thing parents lie about.

Yes, I totally agree. My cousin told me about santa, and I was somewhat hurt, but I didnt hate my parents for lying to me. Kids should be able to believe whatever they want, whether it's right or wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:48 pm
Hells_David
parents think giving and takeing away a belief builds character im fine with Santa Claus, but what i do not condone is saying Jesus was born on christmas but...he wasn't Christmas is a cover up for the Pagan holiday Christmas where roman men would drink rape gourge and have gay sex Jesus was born in the spring days if he was born in winter Mary would have had a miscarriage because they were in a barn...just for the info im Shintist/Buddhist not christian but dont worry im not sacreligeos
User Image

Part right, part bullshit. Sorry.

Christmas is the holiday for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. The clue is in the name, "Christ"mas.

Y'ever wonder why you have a Yule log at Christmas, yet nothing of Yule and Yuletide is mentioned in the bible?

Yule is a pagan festival. The reason Christmas is in December is because the Romans changed it so they could convert the pagans easier.

Lurn yur facts, plzkthx.

EDIT: It appears I need to go lurn some facts too. This doesn't appear to be completely true. More research is needed. *nodnod*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Illusionist of Heart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:47 pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with kids believing in Santa Claus. My youngest three brothers still believe and it's so cute because they get so excited about it. Just like people have said before kids believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy and what detrimental effects have happened to those kids when they learn the truth. I mean, at some point, we either find out or we get smart enough to start wanting to "see to believe." It's an innocent thing and if I ever become a parent, I'll definitely keep it going.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:26 pm
I like to have someone else tell them, then explain to them that he doesn't exist, dashing their hopes and dreams.  

Identification Denied

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces