I want your opinions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mischief Makers?
  Yes- it would be fun
  No, I -never- do anything naughty
  Wait- there is Gaia outside of the guild?
  Wait--what is this website? Who are you people?
View Results

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 am
So you know how Gaiaonline has Mischief makers? The thing seems really geared towards ze teens crowd--- and also thus increasing the younger-than-us crowd on Gaia. More kid-age and less geeky adult-age.

I was wondering if we as a guild could come up with our own clever mischief makers that would be geared more for people in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and so on. A Gaia is not just for kids deal.

I don't know if an entire guild can enter the mischief makers or not-- I honestly didn't read the rules on the thing.

Also, I've been wanting to know as a mod where we can recruit in the larger space of Gaia. I worry too many adults who join the site leave it right away because there aren't enough people their age (or with the ability to use the semblance of spelling and grammar). Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:08 am

We could create a wallpaper or screensaver and put it on an office computer at one of our workplaces. It's not huge scale, but it could draw the attention of the office at least. Snap a picture of that with a few employees standing around and that might be a good entry.

Ellavemia

7,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Noirkaze

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:21 pm
I've been wanting to do something like this but I doubt I would be able to get away with it here at work. Well not at this branch. I might be able to con a few people into it at the East Branch as they ahve a guild here on Gaia. What Mischief could I cause working here in the library and still keep my options for promotion?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:52 pm
Noirkaze
I've been wanting to do something like this but I doubt I would be able to get away with it here at work. Well not at this branch. I might be able to con a few people into it at the East Branch as they ahve a guild here on Gaia. What Mischief could I cause working here in the library and still keep my options for promotion?

That's been my issue- not wanting anyone to get in trouble but still stir said trouble up biggrin  

AntoniaMerEnfant

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:21 pm
i think i'd be awesome to have some more exposure for the 20+ crowd on gaia.. i was actually about to stop using gaia before i found this guild, playing with teeny boppers is no fun gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:34 am
We could jump out of darkened alleyways with a water pistol and shout "USE GAIA ONLINE AND LOOK FOR OUR GUILD!" and then squirt them and run away?  

Yonsan

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:19 pm
actually, my dad told me abotu this girl that was drunk and speeding, and when a cop pulled her over, she took out a squirt gun and the cop shot her in the head. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO probably not a good idea.. eek gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:24 pm
[[[ bunny ]]]
actually, my dad told me abotu this girl that was drunk and speeding, and when a cop pulled her over, she took out a squirt gun and the cop shot her in the head. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO probably not a good idea.. eek gonk

eeps neutral

Yes, let's try something else.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:47 pm
If anyone lives in NYC they could be one of those people who stands outside the window of whatever that morning news show is with a sign  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:11 pm
Hmm, I like this idea. It does sound like good advertisement. I like the work screensaver one, or maybe wallpaper, though I don't know if I can do that on my work computers. They have them pretty tightly wrapped.

What if we took pictures of us doing various daily life things that teenyboppers don't have to do and stuck Gaia in there somehow? Pretty vague, someone else feel free to ditch that idea or flesh it out more if you like it. smile  

kekadu
Crew

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 pm
Get some shoe polish and paint a big "Gaiaonline.com" on the back window. Of course, this should only be done on your car.

Another idea, print out a banner and put it in the window.  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games