Submit

The Full English

Aged Citizen

4,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:52 pm
i know most of the big countries haven't drop using them but as long as my country the UK has I'm happy. lets hope other big users of them follow in their lead and drop using them to.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:00 pm
The Full English
i know most of the big countries haven't drop using them but as long as my country the UK has I'm happy. lets hope other big users of them follow in their lead and drop using them to.

Kudos to the UK.

Here's to one step in the right direction.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Yonsan

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:07 am
I'd kind of like to see a stop to the use of bombing in or near civilian areas all together. It's not that I don't believe in the concept of a just war, I just don't think you can fight it justly when you're dropping indescriminate devices of destruction on targets you can't see.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:24 am
wow, I'm so disappointed that the U.S. didn't follow suit. I'm not surprised though with war monger Bush evil at the helm. Maybe when our new prez takes over we'll have a shot of having some ethics again. All I can say is that I'm embarrassed and shamed by my country's foreign policy. cry  

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:39 am
damnatio memoriae
wow, I'm so disappointed that the U.S. didn't follow suit. I'm not surprised though with war monger Bush evil at the helm. Maybe when our new prez takes over we'll have a shot of having some ethics again. All I can say is that I'm embarrassed and shamed by my country's foreign policy. cry

Maybe because London remembers the air raids. Granted there was Pearl Harbor and 911, but Pearl Harbor wasn't exactly civilian soil nor in a major city of the US. 911, I guess because the US likes to believe that such incidents are the result of evil, contained terrorists, and not the nasty side effects of war in one manifestation or another.

We never understand the real devastation of war until it is in our own backyards. I am ready to die for my country if need be-- but my conscience is not quite prepared to kill for it.  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games