I was sitting in my hut eating the food my father had brought from the coconut trees nearby, and the deep depths in between everything contained in the forest. It was some venison, and a bit of coconut juice. Mother prepared the fire, and more venison was being cooked. She usually rubs two sticks or rocks together till the friction causes a static discharge between the rock, fast enough to create heat, and light. She would put it on the ground, surrounded by tobacco leaves, and go looking for more twigs. She either rips them from trees or just picks them up from the ground. The forest is so dense, and full of life that mother only has to go a centimeter away to find a couple of good twigs sufficiently rough, hard, and smooth to use for fire. Sometimes she uses the twigs first to block the path of the ants, whichever path that is, so then they walk along the stick. Whenever they start getting close to her hand, she throws the stick in the fire, and we laugh.

She came back with a bunch of twigs and used three of the twigs to make 3/4ths of a square, and stick two in the ground (perpendicular to the ground). She would then put the meat on the middle of the stick that wasn't stuck in the ground, and at times leave it there, even after the fire's gone, to smoke.

I love venison. It's surfaces texture is similar to that of beef, and when you take it in your mouth and chew, you can just feel all that burnt juice go around your saliva and down your throat. When you bite it with your front teeth, you feel it burn and raise the temperature of your teeth rapidly. Then you have to pull and pull. I feel bad that my dad can't enjoy it's abundance as I do. He's the one who kills the deer with his spears in order for me to be able to even have food during the day.

My dad; he usually goes out to hunt and gather food for us. He kills deer of all ages and then takes them back to us in a wooden cart. My mother then shreds it to pieces, and as I said before, prepares a fire, and then usually my dad goes out again to hunt and look for anything else that may be edible while we eat. We are a fat bunch. We live in a little corner of the forest. Walking outside this area, there are more tribes full of different families. My dad says he has been there since he was a child, but he got kicked out. He said he got kicked out because he broke tribal rules, and disrespected the tribe hierarchy after doing so. Ever since, we've never been part of any tribe because of the demands and too much order. My dad goes to some other tribes to trade, and before I was born, to be taught certain things.

My parent's named me Xobil. My dad's name is Xonu, and my mom's name is Saeebil. As we were eating, I saw a small figure darting through brown branches and bright green luminescent leaves, covered with drops of water. The water drops shot out erratically as the figure drew closer. Terrified, my mom and I got further in the hut, to remain unseen, and grabbed a spear. We saw a finger draw on the huts opening, we screamed, and as quick as you can say the letter "e", we saw our dad's face.

"Raid!"

Everything passed by like lightning: my dad shot out, pulled me by the arm, as well as my mom, and ran. I was frightened to heck, as I looked back, with confusion, and saw a giant group of weird men running after me; they were white. A strange color for men, and so I cried terrified of these strange men.

We ran and ran through twigs, and spikes, and leaves. Thorns scratched part of my face, and as well as my dad's face. They left red marks, and once, a bit of blood squirt from it. My dad stumbles through vines, and ant's were eating at his feet. He screamed.

As soon as we lost sight of the vanilla men, we looked for a place to hide near where we settled. I saw a row of three trees in back of me, pulled my dad's arm, and pointed over there, while looking at his face, wandering around. He looked, and nodded as though he understood, and then he went through a small gap between two of the three trees. He hid behind there, with a spear on his left hand. We lowered our bodies. There was a rotten pig near my feet, and the flies and mosquitoes picked at my skin. I slapped my skin at the feeling of the small little bites, and my hand slightly slipped of my skin each time I did from the sweat I had been seeping. I felt the sun staring down at me. I heard rustles, and then whispers.

"Where'd they go?" said the first man

I was holding my tears the whole time, but I couldn't take it anymore, and I let out a small whimper.

"Did you hear that?"

"No"

"Come on, I think they're over there"

My dad's eyes widened. My mother looked everywhere with her eyes, and shook her head. Then, my dad nodded and prepared his spear. I was not prepared though; I was just stressed about the unexpected, and the strange encounter we were presently having with weird white men; with aliens. A hand reached through the small gap between the two trees in which, behind, we were. The hand was not just white, but seemed to blush, as he tightened his hand through the gap. The blush was red. I saw the little hairs on it, and the fingernails. It looked like any sort of hand I've seen before...just with a whole foreign color. My dad posed his spear as though he were going to put it through the man's arm, but I had known if that was done, it would be risky as they would know for sure that we were behind the two trees. However, I knew that if I spoke they would also know that we were here for sure. Both of these would assure that, so I just stayed sitting, looking at the spear, in terror. My terror made the strike of the spear and the blood spraying out of the disgusting white arm be in slow motion. Everything went by slowly; even the scream of the white man.

A weird beam of light radiated out of the tree, wood sprayed everywhere, and then the beam of light quickly subsided. I immediately covered my head with my arms at the sound that accompanied this light.

Boom!

Another one of these came, and then..silence. I sat, still with my arms over my head, sweating with mosquitoes, and some of the vanilla man' blood on my cheek. Then out of the other side of the grass, behind and on the far right of the trees, was a man. He held up a strange contraption, and then I saw a sudden light beam from the contraptions hole, and suddenly, my dad had fallen, or rather jumped, back and the blood spilled forward as he did. I looked at him in sadness; his eyes closed, and the blood gushing out of his cheek; no skin left there. I then ran as fast as possible, my mom running behind me, as I looked back at the white man with the weird contraption still on his hand, emitting lights on and off, and making booming sounds. I saw everything rip randomly as he did this. I did not understand what was happening, and cried as I ran with my rushes of pandemonium. The man became bigger, he became two men, and then that became bigger until a full group of men were chasing after me and my mother.