Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
Important Considerations- Don't Lose Your Topic!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Main Man Methuselah
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:59 am
Good Morning Friends!

This is your old friend Main Man here, back from a bit of a cat nap. If you were recently looking over the threads (As of the weekend of 4/5/0 cool and thought something vanished-- don't worry, it's not that 21+ senility that's going around-- whew!

The Mods have handed me a quick announcement about what might get a thread deleted or a member banned:

There was concern over a potential scam. While normally moderators and captains would contact a person before deleting their thread, there was worry that leaving the thread on the boards could risk more people potentially being harmed by the scam.

So here is some of our criteria we look for:

-Length of Membership/Previous Posting: If a person has only made one post and it is simply asking for gold, we become a little worried. We are fortunate to have so many generous people in the guild- but we don't want people taking advantage of that.

-Questing Versus Begging/Scamming: We applaud your quests. Quests usually entail perhaps a signature of your dream avi, mentions of saving up gold, or making a wish list. Whereas begging involves outright requests for gold or items. Remember that Moderators check your profile before you are accepted into the guild. Scams- if you see a post that you may think is a scam or are aware of a current scam on Gaia feel free to pm one of the moderators.

-Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation: In the words of a great bumper sticker: Pobody's Nerfect. However, since we cannot card members of the guild, we look to the quality of your writing as an insight into your maturity. All we ask is the occasional period/comma, and to turn off the caps lock from time to time.

-Your Safety & Comfort: Moderators may remove threads or ban members whenever a concern arises over a potential scam. Our duty is to protect our members. If you feel your thread has been deleted unjustly or you have been banned unfairly, please contact one of the moderators. Sometimes mistakes will be made.

That's all for now folks. If you have questions about other criteria we have (some of it varies mod-to-mod) about how we accept/ban members or edit/delete posts, feel free to post them here.

heart -Main Man-  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:22 am
Well said, Methuselah, well said. *nods*  

Doressa
Captain

Kinkigalinki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Sounds fair to me!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:17 pm
Well, I saw the word "quest." I am on a bit of a quest, but it's not related to Gaia. I've been trying for the past 10 years, literally to come up with a card game that will potentially rival Magic. I'm trying to recruit would-be long-term team members. Is that ok?  

Dustinsanity

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:14 pm
Dustinsanity
Well, I saw the word "quest." I am on a bit of a quest, but it's not related to Gaia. I've been trying for the past 10 years, literally to come up with a card game that will potentially rival Magic. I'm trying to recruit would-be long-term team members. Is that ok?

Oh this is more than fine!

Really the things we (the mods) are concerned about are solicitations for both fictional (Gaia Gold) and real money (Euros, dollars, pounds, yen, pesos, lira). Those things can lead to scams.

You'll find that asking for things such as advice, critique, feedback, emotional support, etc are very common in this guild. As long as you're not charging members to test your game that is fine.

We just don't want our guild to be like other places on Gaia where people are constantly begging or scamming for money/gold.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:20 pm
xd works for me.  

lightprincess03

Wolf_loves_Tillis_Forever

Invisible Werewolf

9,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:18 am
I always lose mine. sweatdrop sad crying emo  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am

As in they are deleted? To my knowledge only one or two threads have ever been deleted in the history of this guild.

Can you explain? If you've had a topic deleted on this guild unfairly I'd be happy to try and make amends, but I'll need to know a little more about what was deleted first.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Invisible Werewolf

9,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 am
AntoniaMerEnfant

As in they are deleted? To my knowledge only one or two threads have ever been deleted in the history of this guild.

Can you explain? If you've had a topic deleted on this guild unfairly I'd be happy to try and make amends, but I'll need to know a little more about what was deleted first.

No, I am just not to sure where I posted them in here. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:08 am
AntoniaMerEnfant

No, I am just not to sure where I posted them in here. xp

Ah, I see. Sorry this topic was written when we had a concern about someone spamming the guild. Unfortunately we don't have many tools to sort and keep track of all the posts/topics >.<  

AntoniaMerEnfant

21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff