Reply Art Showcase
Mein stuff

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:14 pm
There's a link to my Deviant Art profile in my siggy.. feel free to look and tell me what you think..

I hardly ever update because of school anymore, and I have an incredibly old, huge, and original intuos tablet that i'd like to learn to use more for avi art, but after last summer i havent produced anything in all honesty.

i'm working a lot in 3d models and animation, maybe i'll get around to posting if i do something decent.. i have too much stuuf i consider too 'architecture' or not enough 'art' to post.

nuthin, just comment. i'll check back this thread periodically biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:45 pm
I commented on one (fallenmercutio is my DA handle). I really liked the Untitled photograph with your mother and younger cousin. The lighting and everything is spot-on, stunning. Excellent work.

My only advice would be to possibly crop the top. The trees in the background and all are nice, but with the pivotal focus being your family cropping may help center the eyes of the viewer more.

And Pure- the focus on the detail of the skin is tres, tres bien as the French would say. You possess a talent for grasping the concept of illumination and shadows in your photographs. The dynamics of the light gives your photos (in my opinion) a dream like quality.

Your drawing, Mich, reminded me a little of some of Frida Kahlo's self portraits in that there is a depth of honesty in your portrayal of self. It is not just a well done drawing, but the way you did your expression really conveys a message about who you are as a person.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:51 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
I commented on one (fallenmercutio is my DA handle). I really liked the Untitled photograph with your mother and younger cousin. The lighting and everything is spot-on, stunning. Excellent work.

My only advice would be to possibly crop the top. The trees in the background and all are nice, but with the pivotal focus being your family cropping may help center the eyes of the viewer more.

And Pure- the focus on the detail of the skin is tres, tres bien as the French would say. You possess a talent for grasping the concept of illumination and shadows in your photographs. The dynamics of the light gives your photos (in my opinion) a dream like quality.

Your drawing, Mich, reminded me a little of some of Frida Kahlo's self portraits in that there is a depth of honesty in your portrayal of self. It is not just a well done drawing, but the way you did your expression really conveys a message about who you are as a person.

Le GASP.

no one has ever given me such awesome critique before!

and i didn't know it was you! i hadn't checked back here!

thanks so much for your opinions, they're very constructive and sweet ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
[[[ bunny ]]]
AntoniaMerEnfant

Le GASP.

As someone who takes photography serious, it is a pet peeve of mine when the span of the critique is "cool" or "neat"-- those one word reviews that don't really establish much of anything. Though those aren't nearly as bad as the tear-em-down critiques.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:55 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant
[[[ bunny ]]]
AntoniaMerEnfant

Le GASP.

As someone who takes photography serious, it is a pet peeve of mine when the span of the critique is "cool" or "neat"-- those one word reviews that don't really establish much of anything. Though those aren't nearly as bad as the tear-em-down critiques.

definately. it's nice to have someone who appreciates one's work! thank you so much!  
Art Showcase

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games