Reply SCA Guild
Castellan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:02 am
Has anyone ever filled this position? As of January(ish) I'll be Starkafn's, and I'm nervous!

sweatdrop

Any tips?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:59 pm
what exactly is the position??  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:29 pm
Castellan: in charge of newcommer's meetings, demos, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:56 pm
Brigit the slave child

Ah! Here, we called the position 'Chatelaine'. There are many words for the position: Chatelaine, Castellan, Hospitaller... they all amount to 'newbie helper'. I was the Chatelaine of my group before I became (briefly, and seemingly not recognized by my Kingdom, but that's another story...) Seneschal. It's a fun job. smile  

Imzy
Crew

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:20 pm
Imzy
Brigit the slave child

Ah! Here, we called the position 'Chatelaine'. There are many words for the position: Chatelaine, Castellan, Hospitaller... they all amount to 'newbie helper'. I was the Chatelaine of my group before I became (briefly, and seemingly not recognized by my Kingdom, but that's another story...) Seneschal. It's a fun job. smile

Thanks for the vocab lesson! I'm afraid I'm not much more than a newbie myself.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:54 pm
Brigit the slave child
Imzy
Brigit the slave child

sweatdrop

Well then, props to you for jumping right in to lend a hand! I was pretty new myself when I became Chatelaine. It's a good starter position... especially if you're the friendly and outgoing sort. smile And you'll be amazed at how much you'll learn yourself, just in the process of helping others to learn.  

Imzy
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:05 pm
Imzy
Brigit the slave child
Imzy
Brigit the slave child

sweatdrop

Well then, props to you for jumping right in to lend a hand! I was pretty new myself when I became Chatelaine. It's a good starter position... especially if you're the friendly and outgoing sort. smile And you'll be amazed at how much you'll learn yourself, just in the process of helping others to learn.

Not only that, but something I heard from a member of a nearby shire once was that anyone can be an officer, because really, the officer is just the go-to person. Once people go to you, even if you can't directly answer their questions, you can always point them in the direction of someone who can. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:39 pm
I beleive that was anyone who is a paid member can be an officer of any official SCA group IMZY, per the BOD.

Officers are so helpful when you are new or move! Bless you both for being so involved!  

magicheide

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:40 pm
Arithrel
Imzy
Brigit the slave child
Imzy
Brigit the slave child

sweatdrop

Not only that, but something I heard from a member of a nearby shire once was that anyone can be an officer, because really, the officer is just the go-to person. Once people go to you, even if you can't directly answer their questions, you can always point them in the direction of someone who can. smile

I'd hoped so... the way it was described, Castellan is no more than a face on a network. I may not be an expert in any field, but networking skills I have.  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games