Do you have braces?
  Yes
  No...
  Getting them withing a month
View Results

Perfect Pocky
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Ahh! I am soo scared!!! I am getting braces!! Any advice??  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:26 pm
Okay, I've had braces for nearly two years now, so first thing first IGNORE THE HORROR STORIES YOUR FRIENDS TELL YOU. Everyone's experience with braces is different.

Though it seems that one thing is constant with those of us with braces: After you get them adjusted, your mouth might be sore. If you have an Ortho appointment during the day, be sure to bring a soft lunch or get something soft at school.

Second thing (from personal experience) is that you want get to know your Orthodontist. Mine, for example, has horrid salami breath. Even through his mask. Be sure you know what's what, and inhale at the right time.

Oh, and wear your headgear if your orthodontist says so. I would be getting mine off this year if I wore mine more often. And brush your teeth a lot. It'll make you feel pretty.

heart Best of Luck! heart  

KT_Tonguetied

3,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Perfect Pocky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:14 am
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:29 pm
dice attack im not metal lol jk maybe i am!  

Kyo-Sohma222
Crew

Kyo-Sohma222
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:22 am
lol nvm about that post makes no sense  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:07 pm
I've had braces and trust me, if your nervous about getting them put on,
just think of how much confidence and relief you will feel when you get them off. 4laugh

I remember when i got mine off i took a photo of myself with this HUGE cheesy grin on my face mrgreen .

And they are designed so that they dont hurt your mouth.
It might take a little while for you to get used to them though, but you'll be fine. 3nodding

Blithariel

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Master roxas222
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 am
er  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 am
no  

Master roxas222
Crew

P_Justine_R

Witty Kitten

19,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:07 pm
I don't have braces, but a lot of my friends do. don't be scared, they arn't that bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:20 pm
I dont have braces but my dentist recently told me that i need to get some . im 17 going on to college! ive been going to dentists for years (although i have been changing dentists alot because i move alot) how come they didnt tell me this before?!?! i mean before i wanted to get braces in like 7th grade but the dentist said " oh no you dont need braces" but i dont think you dont need to be afraid ive heard it isnt really that bad its just gum you have to avoid cause it gets stuck at least thats what my friends have said.

Jennybot19

8,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Rin_Sohma26

2,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:35 pm
P_Justine_R
I don't have braces, but a lot of my friends do. don't be scared, they arn't that bad.

braces suck I CANT EAT POPCORN!!! DX this is shiit!!! DX  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:20 pm
I've had my braces for 4 years now. I think I'm supposed to get them off in a month or two. But that's what they said last year...

Anyway, it's not bad like the horror stories you'll hear from some people. Your mouth will be sore for a few days whenever you get them adjusted. Power chains worsen the pain a little. Just be sure to take some pain killer with you when you go to your appointments. Hopefully it'll work for you (doesn't for me sad ). And if and when they start making you wear rubber bands, make sure you wear them like you're supposed to or else your braces will have to stay on longer.

That's all I can think of for now.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
General Chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items