L cosplay help!!!! D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx-Funeral-4the-Living-Xx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:27 pm
Lavender-the-9-tailed-fox
Okay, my mother told me I am doing number 1, because she said she doesn't want my hair like a boy, nor an anime character >_>
She thinks I'm too obsessed and stuff. So, I am cutting it like that I am sooo excited! I'll have pictures of a costume soon, and I will get more when I go to the convention. (I will probally be cosplaying it first at a mall or something with a friend, to make sure it's perfect.)
Awesome, what convention are you going to?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:26 pm
Fire_at_Will-77
Okay, my mother told me I am doing number 1, because she said she doesn't want my hair like a boy, nor an anime character >_>
She thinks I'm too obsessed and stuff. So, I am cutting it like that I am sooo excited! I'll have pictures of a costume soon, and I will get more when I go to the convention. (I will probally be cosplaying it first at a mall or something with a friend, to make sure it's perfect.)
Awesome, what convention are you going to?
So far only Otakuthon (canada)! But, I'll see if I can go to other ones in canada, or maybe even america if I have enough money.... sweatdrop  

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100

DollMeUp Shop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:40 pm
aww i really liked the second cut, i was youtube the other day and they had a video on how to style your hair like L!!!
but it was in japanese but you can tell what you need to do as the hair guy was doing it, and if you want i can try to find it for you!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:57 pm
LetsCauseAScene
aww i really liked the second cut, i was youtube the other day and they had a video on how to style your hair like L!!!
but it was in japanese but you can tell what you need to do as the hair guy was doing it, and if you want i can try to find it for you!
I liked the second cut too >_>
If I don't look like L enough with my hair cut, I'll style a wig like that XP
I've seen the video, thank you anyways ^_^
Do you know if you wear a bra when boob-binding? 'Cause I have no clue...it's the first time I'm being a guy for my cosplay. (I was a female version of Kiba from Naruto in 2006...)  

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100

DollMeUp Shop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:43 pm
umm dont wear a bra, or it will be harder to bind yourself up, but like put like a cloth or something like that, so it wont hurt when you take the tape off, i know by personal experience xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:58 pm
Oh okay sweatdrop , thank you 3nodding
I didn't think I should wear one, but I wanted to make sure...>_<  

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100

0nee-san

Timid Kitten

16,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 am
User Image
It's just the bells..

I kinda skimmed this, and read Fire's post with the makeup. I thought about using eyeshadow, but I'm not willing to spend 20-30 dollars at MAC or going to Ulta and spending good money on something I'm rarely going to use.

With the dark circles, I naturally have them from lack of sleep for a long time, and I use an eyeliner by Maybelline called "unstoppable." It's not like the pencil eyeliners, it's one of those weird ones you twist upward. I've tried my fair share of eyeliner, but for the L thing, I've stuck with this one.

It's like, 7-8 dollars depending where you go. Walgreens has Maybelline sales like, every other week. I actually think we're having a Maybelline sale the rest of the week.. but that also depends if you have a Walgreens near you.

I just apply and smear. It isn't one of those eyeliners that are smudge proof, but it doesn't run and fade, if you apply enough on. Not like, "omgletzusedaholeting!!" but, putting on a decent amount keeps it from going all retarded. D:

Hope this helped at all. Everything else is pretty simple. Pale/Ghostly skin. Baggy longsleeve you can find anywhere, I recommend going to a thrift store. Cheap, good quality. But again, also depends on your store. D: We have nice thrift stores in Chicago, at least, in my neighborhood. And of course, any baggy jeans; once again, thrift store. > w <

As for the hair thing, I personally like number two, because number one is just all, like, emo . 'nough said. D: But, you know. Depends what you want, really. :3 My picture in my sig isn't really Ryuuzaki hair, but, I like to dream. xD

I seriously hope my super long post helped a bit. D: I always feel so bad posting this long, thinking that I'm just rambling on. Btw, goodluck on your cosplay. :3 I wanted to cosplay as Ryuuzaki for ACEN (Illinois' anime con), but I decided to go with something Misa oriented. emo

Jya. 8D

User Image
.. they're really loud today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:31 pm
for hair if you have fairly short hair, I would advise using a lot of hair gel. If you have long hair, then a wig would be better.  

one_smart_cucumber

Head Detective Ryuzaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:31 am
I got my hair cut like L's, too... and... it doesn't really look like guy hair until I spike it and whatnot... So really, if you just get it short and with layers, you can make it very L-ish with ease~ Or... with more ease, anyway...

Just saying... because you said your mom didn't want you to have guy hair...

.w.;

Yesh.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 pm
The sad thing is, years after making this thread, I never, ever once cosplayed L. emo
I totally need to....but I'm constantly putting color in my short hair so I have to get a wig to do a proper L cosplay. I might do a closet L cosplay when I get the chance.....I still need to buy a long sleeved white shirt like L....and find better baggy jeans.  

Timid Animal

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
Death Note Cosplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers