Reply Fanfiction
A Day Worth Living

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakurablossoms2007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:42 pm
Before I post the story I want to tell you a bit about it! First off The main character is Jina not L (sorry though in my fanfic Crystal Tears he's the main character). Now this is actually a Matt/MailxOC- OC=original character...

This is the summery: : Jina is the sister of Eru Lawliet otherwise known as L. Jina now going off to college is going to have to fly to Japan to attend. As the months go by the Kira case is becoming more of a distraction to Jina as she learns more about the case from school, but she has more then just distractions as she is slowly falling in love with one of her classmates, Matt Jeevas.

Note: Eru is what Jina used to call her brother from her last memory of him, mostly because she was so small she said it differently and even thought she can’t remember his face she still recalls calling him Eru lol!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 pm
Some might say the path to greatness is only achieved by those who desire it, but I myself never went looking.
Everyday was the same, the cold dark streets, the un-meaningful greets, and the constant bicker of humanity. Though who am I to judge life? We only live it and god chooses our path.
It was a noisy Monday morning. The cars rustled about and the wind blew opposite of them. The clouds were gray and it was going to rain. The sun was still edging over the horizon and yet I lay motionless in my bed with my head full of meaningless daydreams.
I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock. It went of in a 4/4 beat musical wise sort of like a broken record. I quickly slammed my hand on the off button and sat up. It was 6:15 and everything seemed normal. My paint set was still on my desk, and my piano still gathered dust. I began to stand by I found my cat, Kin sleeping in the middle of the floor. I sat and watched her for a few moments but no longer. She had white fur with brown markings all over her body. She was very sweet most of the time but she could be very hyper.
I stood up and went straight to my closet; I dug through to find a plain brown knee length dress with short sleeves. I slipped it on and walked over to my piano. I pondered over the thought of playing it, but it had been years since I even came in contact with it. I ran my finger along its keys to find strangely no dust. I sat on the wooden padded chair and placed my finger on the middle C to listen to its sound. It didn’t sound perfect but it was beautiful. I stood up and walked to the window, ‘Would 2 day’s from now really be my first day in college?’ I thought to myself as it began to rain.
In this town we call Boston life really gets to you. I would be attending Kyoko N. University which is 4 ½ hours from me by plane. I walked steadily away from the window and walked out of my room. I proceeded down the hall was until I reached the kitchen. I walked to the food cabinet and made myself a bowl of cereal.
“Jina you best hurry and grab your things after you eat or you’ll be late for your plane!” A blond haired, blue eyed woman said to me.
“I realize this Margaret which is why I got up at 6:15 this morning…” I said in a hushed, mumbled tone. I finished my cereal and ran upstairs to grab my suitcase. I hugged my cat and bid her farewell, and then I headed down stairs. I walked through the door in the front to go to my car. (Since I am 19 duh) I threw my luggage in the back and drove off. In Japan my brother Eru as I call him will be picking me up at the airport and would drive me to K. N. University. He said something about this case he’s working on that might get in the way of brother, sister bonding time, yet somehow I really don’t mind.
About an hour later I make it to the airport. ‘Soon it will be time to say goodbye to England and hello to Japan right?’ I thought to myself. After parking the car I took my baggage and walked to the elevator and so on to the long check in lines (through security and baggage check in, crap like that). I soon sighed in relief as all I had to do now was walk to 4D and I could just wait till my plane came, and so I did. As the announcers called my flight number I stood up and took a deep breath as I stepped into the plane ‘These are my last few minutes here on land… For now that is…’
AFTER 4 ½ hours
I had finally finished the book I was reading then to find the plane was landing. ‘Am I really finally here in Japan?’ I really was here; in the land I was originally born in, the land my parents died, and the land I would soon enough meet my brother, the legendary detective L.
Jina and L were separated at the ages of 10(L) and 4(Jina). It had taken Jina till the age of 13 to find out about her brother. This happened when she had to do a family tree and finally she got her care taker Margaret to tell her everything. (Jina kept Lawliet’s secret about being a detective)
‘Finally’ Jina thought to herself, ‘Someone who can tell me about my life… My brother by blood, I still can’t believe it… Though how will I recognize him?’ These thoughts were pouring through my head like crazy as I stepped out of the plane and into the large crowd waiting for other people from the plane, yet I still don’t know what to expect. ‘Margaret said that he had black hair and dark eyes’ I thought, ‘Well that narrows it down to like everyone! Well then again… wait is that?’ I stopped my thoughts to see Watari, who was about the only face I can remember before I was 5, because before Eru and I got separated he was like my grandpa! Yet I wonder why I can’t remember Eru’s face…’
“Hello Jina!” Watari said politely.
“Hey! I haven’t seen you in almost 16 years!” I exclaimed in such a happy tone, “So where’s Eru-Kun?”
“He had an emergency meeting today if you want I can take you to see him first” Watari suggested.
“Please and thank you, I’d really like to see him after all these years.”
After and exciting trip to baggage and through a long 1 ½ hour car drive I was finally closing in to the place where I’d get to see my brother. I was so anxious and I couldn’t restrain the many different ideas of what he was like; though I never thought of asking Watari about him. ‘Eru-Kun I promise I’ll make you proud of me…’ I thought to myself as the car stopped in front of a semi-large building.
“We’re here Jina” Watari said lightly as he stepped out of the car.
I took a step out of the car in wonder ‘Tomorrow is my first day at college and today I’ll finally meet my brother what are the odds.’ I waited for a moment for Watari.
My accent was really starting to annoy me. It sounded Australian mixed with an English accent; quite an interesting mix some might add, though I hate it. Soon afterwards Watari showed me to an office. I could hear small voices from within and I was feeling awkward at this point, only thinking of how rude it would be to walk in so unsuspected. Before I could do anything the door opened and my eyes widened. I looked up to see a man with gravity defying black hair and panda like eyes.
“Hey Jina… It’s been a really long time” The man smiled warmly and welcomed me in.
“Eru-Kun?” that’s all I could say right now.
“I’m surprised you remember your nickname for me. You made it up when you were only 3; I guess good memory runs in the family.” Eru handed me a silver locket, “This was what jogged my memory to finally get me to remember you after I hit my head those many years ago.” Eru-kun looked very happy I can almost sense the will to do only good from him.
“I remember this, mama and papa gave it to me as they died from illness…” I then began coughing historically (a/n: Coughing a lot basically) I felt like crying from all the memories I had not yet forgotten but I held it back. I looked around to see 4 other people sitting in chairs in wonder.
“Jina this is Mr. Yagami, Aizawa, Mogi, and Matsuda, they are helping me with the Kira case.”
“Um… Hello my name is Jina” I said shyly.
“This is my sister Jina and she will not be coming anywhere near the Kira case…” Eru looked at me with eyes saying “Please don’t do it!”
“I don’t know much about the Kira case, but don’t suspect that I’d jump in just like that, no matter where any of us all we are all in danger and are putting our lives on the line without noticing.”
“How does that apply to you?” Eru said to me questioningly.
“I’m related to you…” I said chuckling
Everyone watched in belief that we must be related considering the way we would bicker (a/n: Only known someone for so long and already bickering?)
“Well I should probably go since you’re probably in an important meeting that is “confidential” and I should not hear right?” I said as I walked towards the door, “See yah later!” I said as I walked pleasantly out the door. For about another 20 minutes I sat in the car; soon we pulled up to a spacious neighborhood that looked familiar in a way. The car pulled up to a house that just looked peaceful. There were many plants and flowers planted before the house. I never imagined my brother was such a softy (a/n: Softy like not weak but not like really tough)!
“Jina there is also a second person you need to meet.” Watari said as we both walked from the car.
“What do you mean?” I asked in wonder.
“You’ll most definitely remember this person.” And that was all Watari said as he rung the door bell.
A woman maybe about 25 or so opened the door. She had short brown hair with moonlight blue eyes, “Good afternoon Watari and… Mika…?” The woman looked at me astonished.
“No, my name is Jina; I’m Eru’s sister!”
“That’s right Jina was Mika’s younger sister who was living with her dad in England at the time…” The woman mumbled.
“Wha…?”
“Well Glow this is Jina as you know and she’ll be staying with you and L as she goes into college.”

“Interesting well its fine with me” The woman smiled, “Oh I almost forgot to introduce myself! My name is Glow.”
“Right so I’ll see the both of you later” Watari said as he took his leave.
“So Jina c’mon in and I’ll show you two your room” Glow said I couldn’t help notice a small cry in the background, “One minute I think Miya just woke up.”
“Miya…?” I said in curiosity
“She’s my daughter her birthday is actually tomorrow and she’ll be one years old.” Glow said as she walked with me upstairs. She walked steadily into a room that was all white and in the center of the room was a crib containing a precious baby girl named Miya. The girl had soft fuzzy black hair with blue eyes and slightly pale skin. Glow picked Miya up and pulled out a bottle as to feed the baby.
“Glow, am I an auntie then?” I asked looking at Miya.
“Yes you are and Miya is your niece.” Glow was smiling she rocked the baby in her arms. Glow then directed me to my room, “This is your room” Glow said as I looked around the room with big eyes.
“This room seems so familiar…” I said with shock.
“Probably because this used to be your sister’s room…”

Cliff hanger!

Well I'll post the next chapter when I write it of course so please tell me your thoughts!  

sakurablossoms2007

Elisabell-angel enraged

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:37 pm
Aw, it's cute! L has a kid? 0_0  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:06 pm
Elisabell-angel enraged
Aw, it's cute! L has a kid? 0_0

well.... for people that read my fanfiction crystal tears that's giving off a huge spoiler for the end!  

sakurablossoms2007

Katsumi KojimaXx

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:31 pm
What a beautiful story 3nodding
I liked it very much  
Fanfiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items