Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Forum of Rock
Guitar Hero Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have u defeated 1?????
III
56%
 56%  [ 53 ]
II
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
I
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
none
29%
 29%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 94

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 am
Kirei_chan
Ah ha. All I have is The Beatles Rock Band sweatdrop
But I play on expert.

Sometimes I find it helps with my dexterity, being a pianist. I try and figure out the most effficient fingerings for strings of notes and chords. I like to think it actually helps my musicianship. razz

But it doesn't. It just teaches you how to push buttons. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:05 am
smexy lil fish
why not play a real guitar i spent about a month learning fire and flames by dragonforce but it was well worth (so many incorrect tabs crying ) and guitar hero its hard to explain but basically its not worth it!
its easier to do both. rolleyes  

BritPunkRock

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 am
Luno-chan
Kirei_chan
But I play on expert.

Sometimes I find it helps with my dexterity, being a pianist. I try and figure out the most effficient fingerings for strings of notes and chords. I like to think it actually helps my musicianship. razz

You're basically pushing buttons on a piano (a very basic description xd ).
I've played a real guitar, I know the difference.
And I've played piano since I was nine.

I think there is at least some merit in playing rhythm games like GH and RB. It teaches you how to relate the things you see on the screen in terms of colors and relative position and apply that to what your hands are doing. As far as musicality and technique, it is very watered-down and crude. But it's very much similar to relating what you see on a page of music to what your hands are doing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:01 am
Kirei_chan
Luno-chan
Kirei_chan
But I play on expert.

You're basically pushing buttons on a piano (a very basic description xd ).
I've played a real guitar, I know the difference.
And I've played piano since I was nine.

I think there is at least some merit in playing rhythm games like GH and RB. It teaches you how to relate the things you see on the screen in terms of colors and relative position and apply that to what your hands are doing. As far as musicality and technique, it is very watered-down and crude. But it's very much similar to relating what you see on a page of music to what your hands are doing.

I understood your opinion the first time, no need to explain. But guitar here and rock band teaches you nothing with music other than the name of the song, and the name of the band. Medium and Easy are to slow to co-relate with any song on the game, and hard and expert are too fast to co-relate. it just teaches you how to flail your right thumb and left hand, or vice versa if you play lefty, the only thing that comes close is Rock band 2's drum set with the expansion symbols. I couldn't afford a new drum set for my project, so I just bought all that crap and plugged it into my computer after installing some nifty programs, cheapest electric drum-set ever.  

Luno-chan

Forum of Rock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces