View Results

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 pm
Gorgeous Jenday conure, Black Wolf.... =O Lucky-lucky! I love conures so much.

Well, I got off to a grand start and made a new topic to boost the number of new topics, rather than finding the welcome new members thread that's always in the main forum of every guild. Any mods out there are free to delete that topic I made - I'll just post it all here, lengthy as it may be.

I just received an invite and joined today, so greetings out there to the rest of the guild!

I'm not the best at boosting guild popularity, but I might as well give it the old college try.

Animal info lifestyle basics about me:

I've owned pets in some form my entire life (I've luckily been raised that way)
My favorite animals are, hands-down, horses and Betta splendens (Siamese fighting fish). I also have a bit of a fascination for boas, though I've never owned one myself.

I'm a graphic designer and am lucky enough to have a job for a mail-order catalog pet supply company. I usually don't mention which both to prevent anything i do being directly connected with them and to prevent people narrowing down where I live. I'm a paranoid person. xD

Please do not talk to me about how wonderful those little half gallon or less tanks made for Bettas are. If you do proper research, they need more than that for a truly healthy lifestyle. I'm very passionate about that opinion. Just because an animal can survive something doesn't mean it should be put through it.

Also, do not tell me about how much you like horse racing. My horse was in that stuff until he was six and still carries physical/mental scars from it. There's nothing wrong with riding your horse fast (in as safe a situation as possible), and there's nothing wrong with racing horses - racing them for money and fame, though, changes the game completely. There's too much wrong with current Jockey Club racing for me to approve of it.

No, I don't ride my horse - any spare money pays for my horse's boarding and our many other animals instead of lessons, and our gelding's no longer rideable. I miss riding, but I decided a long time ago that I'd be okay with not riding much/at all so long as I can be around horses.

As I said before, I'm a huge fan of snakes. My current favorites are ball pythons and Columbian red tail boas, mainly because I've worked with both before, but I like just about any type. I actually never touched a snake before my current job (I've had it for just over 2 years), but my coworker had me hold this ridiculously naive baby gray-striped king snake, and it was nothing but admiration from then on. ^-^

Current Pets:
Copper Fox, better known as Foxy - 23-year old chestnut thoroughbred (will be 24 in April) - ex-Jockey Club member, ex eventer and in my biased opinion, the best horse in the world
Roosevelt - my female veiltail Betta
Pippi - my female veiltail Betta
Ferdinand - my male veiltail Betta (though having him in the family room makes him more a "family" fish than the ladies in my room
Aylie - my female crowntail Betta
Tigger - my silver tabby short hair cat (born feral, turned barn cat, turned outside suburban cat, turned inside cat)
Jack - my brother's fuzzy black satin-colored short hair cat (raised in our yard by his mom and eventually decided he wanted in with us)
Sachi: my brother's albino leopard gecko - my mom and I call ourselves his "fanclub"
Fawn: my six-month old male tank, gray, and white lop mix (I think his father had some Rex in him). His ears take after his mother's and don't lay totally flat down like most lops - they're usually hang about half an inch from him, and he can pull them around any direction or height he wants (including up like a Rex)
Marple: my mom's six month old gray-spotted Rex female. Fawn's more active and nosy. Marple is more opinionated and strong-willed.
Sherlock: Not quite "our" cat yet, he's a half-grown outdoor cat that looks almost exactly like a mini Jack. He's taken a great fondness to my mother, though none of us can get within touching distance unless mistakenly. My mom built this tent-like structure over a chair from old horse blankets/a tarp outside her back door to keep him warm at night.

Hugh: Not really "our" cat, either, but this gray shorthair guy comes by every day to eat and has thankfully gained weight and energy since he started stopping by. My mom named him after one of our ancestors (long story). He'll never want inside, but he's nice to see hanging around once in a while and never bosses around skittish little Sherlock despite the fact that he found our yard first.

If you want to hear me ramble forever, feel free to get me started talking about my horse, other horses I know, or Bettas. Seriously. Good luck shutting me up. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 am
Well, since I just joined 5 minutes ago, I guess introductions are in order!

Hi, I'm CBS, and I love animals! I can't remember a time in my life where I didn't have some sort of pet. From mice to snakes, I've been around the block, so to speak.

Well, enough about me, let me introduce my life:

Grimm: She is 10lbs of doggy thunder. A rat terrier mix, she is always ready to play and is always happy. Actually, she is sitting in my lap as I type. She is a year and some odd months old, and I was there from the beginning since she was from a litter of my friend's dog(I kept urging her to get the dog fixed). I didn't even want a puppy, I don't do little dogs. But one day I was watching them as they played outside, I was sitting on the ground and they were playing, and here comes this little girl. She looks at me, looks at my lap, then climbs on up for a nap. I was in love in that moment.

Eclipse: She is 7lbs of icy indifference. A 6 year old torti domestic shorthair, this cat is not a lap cat. In fact, she rarely lets anyone but me pet her(she doesn't bite or scratch, just ducks hands and slinks away), and even then only if she is in a good mood.

Salazar
: A royal python with a prissy attitude, he unfortunately passed on recently.

Freshwater: I have a 20 gal. tank with a male betta, some cory cats, and a talking Raphael catfish(only 3 inches)

Saltwater: I have a 55 gallon tank with a lawnmower blenny, a dwarf coral beauty angel, a false clownfish, and about four hermit crabs.  

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Invisible Explorer

Tomokie Masen

Angelic Fairy

11,575 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:24 pm
Hello, I am jasmine but you all can call me Tomokie. I like that name more then my own. I live in an apartment with my Brother Aaron and my cat Sarraby.

I love animals, I have since I could remember. Now I no longer eat anything from an animal or use animal products including things tested on animals or even wool. I also do not like horse racing because of what they go through and the breeding to make their bones lighter. In turn they break easier and then are put down. Along with animals I'm for human rights too.

I do not shop at Wal-Mart. A lot of people think I'm going to the extreams but that's what I believe. There's many other things too that I do not like but there are plenty that I do like.

I plan to work with animals when I get older, I am not really sure what job I want but I'm looking into many different ones.

As for a person I am nice to everyone and will not get into fights no matter what is said. I will just ignore that person. It's happend a few times at school.

I love to talk to people and am more then happy to be in this guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:14 pm
My name is Riley. I love all animals and always have. I am a vegetarian (3 years) on the road to veganism. I have given up milk and eggs by themselves. Its just the eggs and milk already in things that get me. gonk I have persuaded many others to become vegetarian including my brother, sister, boyfriend, and one of my best friends. I don't wear leather, wool, silk, or fur. I don't use products tested on animals. I will only adopt animals. I hate most animal welfare org. because they pretend to love animals but will put the animals' lives aside for human gain. I am for normal animal rights groups and 'radical' ones like ALF. I believe that for animals to gain rights, different types of groups have to work together. I am big into actively supporting animal rights. I spend around 2 hours a week at least on animal rights. I am currently organizing a group for my college.

I have a beautiful beagle named Holly whom I adopted. I have had a goldfish (GOLDY RIP) and a hamster(HAM-HAM R.I.P). I have taken care of snakes, cats, and rabbits. I plan to open up a farm sanctuary for rescued animals to live.

Ms Jezebel Spirit

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi everyone! Names Vanilla, close friends call me Nilla. Emma invited me from the pets and animals guild. I'm the captain of Horror Inc., Gaia's biggest active horror guild. I've always loved animals and I'm on my way to an animal related career path. I'm going to be volunteering at my local aquarium and I start this weekend. I'm terribly excited.

I have 4 cats, all fixed and UTD. 3 girls (Buffy, Flower, and Sugar) and 1 big boy (Koga). 4 tanks of fish (I don't even feel like counting so if you ever wanna know, just ask me), 1 Guinea Pig (S'mores) and 1 Russian Tortoise (Lazzara aka Lazy).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:38 pm
This guild seemed pretty coolio, julio.
So I asked mah sis (Lady Nekochan) to hook me up with an invite! whee xd

I like uhm .. animals. =)

I have a gecko and a black cat and the kitties outside all lurve me xD
And and and I like animals so much, if there's a fly in the house I take it outside instead of squishing it. =)

But I do squish mosquitoes. I love them to bits, but they also love me x.x  

Idontexistdeleteme

xXBabyCakes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:21 pm
Okay then, I'm Katelyn A. M. L.
I'm 16 years old and I'm a veggie burger(vegetarian)
I am going to graduate from high school this year.
I love animals but I'm not that crazy cat lady..
I haven't touched meat since I was 12..
I love french fries and lettuce and I always wanted to know,
Is chicken poultri?

mrgreen ME!

User Image

User Image  
Post some more! Wewt <3 Animals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers