Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valynn

1,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:27 pm
Well, mine are more of a pensic-blunders than anything else, since they happened at the same Pensic.
gonk I called a Two-chuck wench 'M'lady' gonk
1. In my small kingdom we are all gentry, so we all are called "Lord" or "Lady". It's just the titled poeple are called "Your Grace, Sir, Baroness/Baron, Countess/Count and Duke" those are the ones that have recieved awards and belts.
2. My ex-husband had a persona of a greek. So he wore a citon (I think I spelt that wrong) regitmental! Well, he bought a cross-bow and went to shoot the war point. The cross-bow was a stirrup load. I'm holding the standard for the kingdom. Not really watching him (he was a losy shot), until my King at the time taps me on the shoulder and whispers in my ear.
"M'lady, I know you and your Lord are willing to bear all for Acre. But thy family jewels are a bit too much!"
Horrified I look over and low and behold, there they are!! Everything the Gods gifted my ex-husband for the entire list to see!! I dragged him to the K-Mart to get underware, when we where sent to the town to make dinner that night. Some people still remember him mooning the royalty. I just don't know how he didn't know

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:05 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Orzhov dark scion

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:16 am
1) no one should snub a new commer or even an old hat who makes a mistake and means no malice. the princess who snubbed your handshake was rude and unworthy of SCA courtesy.

2)it /is/ a good idea to say m'lad/lord and to nod/bow politely at an introduction. That'll get you far. And stick with a friend or person who's willing to show you the ropes.

3)At my first major event my male friend(even newer than myself) and I were asked to sit with the prince and princess at Feast!!! They were a week from being crowned King and Queen at that. razz exclaim Nothing embarassing happend, but can we say crash recourse in court procedings and so on?!? Ay! That was an amazing experience though. smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:36 am
My most embarassing SCA moment?

When the Queen of Trimaris walked in on me french kissing her daughter.  

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces