Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Creative Crossroads
Desktop Evolution: ATG, Show Your Desktops! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:43 pm
I finally got everything set up the way I wanted. : D Actually, I had to fiddle with the dock after this, and I no longer have the task-bar, but you get the general idea. Left a couple of windows open to show off my theme. x3

http://i40.tinypic.com/20zscnc.jpg  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:27 pm
Everyone has such cool desktops... I'd put mine, but I don't know how to.  

Ixcilia

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I made my EEE PC into a Hackintosh yesterday evening and, I must say, it's running quite swimmingly. It's actually more responsive and faster now on OS X than it ever was on Windows 7 or XP. Sadly, there are some quirks: battery isn't recognised, I have to use the dumbest utility in the world to connect via WiFi, there's a non-matching icon on the menu bar, I'm being indecisive of a drawing program (Might just buy ArtRage), and I can't play Phantasy Star Online (PSO) on OS X. On the plus side, all the hardware works (the graphics hardware is exactly that of a first-generation Macbook so I get all the pretty effects).

I'm dual booting Windows 7 with OS X so I can continue to play PSO, or if I really mess something up.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am
Very classy Lin. I was thinking about putting an OS X partition on my computer sometime soon, then again, I only want to do that because I CAN, no real reason other than that >_>

suparhappyfuntiemnao

I used to hate restarting my computer just to jump on my Linux Partition. Now I no longer need to do that biggrin

I could run OS X, Linux, and Windows, on the same computer, at the same time now :3  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 pm
Sadly, Intel's Atom N line does not support hardware virtualisation. While I would have the RAM to do virtualisation, without the hardware support it's pretty useless for me, unless I'm doing commandline linux. Not that I couldn't function on the command line, but it would be kinda pointless considering, then, I could just use Cygwin.

I've gotten rid of OS X now that I've played around. I love the creative tools available for it, and how much smoother it is, but the non-Apple hardware just hurts, hurts, hurts the experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 am
My current desktop background is this authentic rendition of your everyday gladiator battle.
It's an absurd picture, but I forgive it that. cool  

Serious Erius
Crew

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:35 pm
Hopefully this won't come out too big...i lost my photoshop on this comp and need to reinstall it still.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/361/6/f/Gaia_Wallpaper__Dancey_Dancey_by_pepper_tea.jpg  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 pm
My desktop as of a few days ago.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm
http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj453/Kerrikles/Screenshot-4.png

An oldie but a goodie. :3 I'm gonna make a better background eventually, but for now, this will amuse me. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 am
Just last week they announced the Gaia labs, some experiments are interesting.

So I made This my laptop desktop.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Creative Crossroads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash